Why hasn't my trade in credit been applied?
Stephen77074

I signed up for the promo in store. The iPhone 7 was shipped directly to my house. My old iPhone 6 was sent back in the supplied box. On 11/03/16 I got a confirmation email that it was received and that the estimated value ($650.00) was accurate. It stated my monthly credit of $27.08 would appear on my bill in 2-3 billing cycles. I've paid 4 monthly bills since then, and now the new bill is ready still not showing the monthly credit. I visited the local store and they emailed the National Offline Support Team on 2/16 but this has not helped to resolve it. On Verizon's "check the status of your trade-in" webpage, entering my Submission ID confirms it was received. The credits are to be issued over 24 months. If my new device payment agreement is paid off, trade-in promotional credits will stop. The longer you delay starting the credits, the less you will have to pay out on the $650 since the new bill will make 5 out of 24 payments on the new phone. So far I've lost out on $135.04 of trade-in credits. Every month you delay I lose another $27.08. At this point by not meeting your end of the deal by starting the credits within 2-3 billing cycles as stated, it seems you are stealing from me. How can I get this resolved and start seeing my monthly credit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 for $0 Trade-In Promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephen77074, I understand your concern regarding the trade in credits. I assure you we are working very diligently on getting those credits applied to our customers accounts. You will receive a lump sum for any bill cycle that was missed. Have you spoken directly to our Device Trade-In team at (800) 416-8894 regarding the credits?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephen77074, I understand your concern regarding the trade in credits. I assure you we are working very diligently on getting those credits applied to our customers accounts. You will receive a lump sum for any bill cycle that was missed. Have you spoken directly to our Device Trade-In team at (800) 416-8894 regarding the credits?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stephen77074

This is reassuring, thank you. I did not know there was a lump sum planned for missed credits. Stephen

0 Likes
BillCredits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been dealing with missing and incorrect trade in promo credits since Jan 2021. For the past 14 months I’ve had repeated phone calls with various customer service agents who assured me the errors would be corrected. Just got my latest bill, and the same issue persists. This is beyond pitiful customer service. I have spent so many hours having to re-explain the situation and educate Verizon on all their errors. Still no resolution. I’m not sure if it’s utter incompetence or blatant deceit. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your frustration/ire regarding missing/incorrect trade-in credits is understandable. It would upset us too.  We are here and happy to look into this to see what is going on.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
jamello716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did this get resolved? I am approaching 7 months and no one can help me with the same issue.

0 Likes
Re: Why hasn't my trade in credit been applied?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please follow and PM us, so we can further assist you with your concern.    *Mabell

0 Likes