Why is Verizon being so standoffish?
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a long time customer of over 11 years and counting, I am having a hard time understanding why Verizon is not being a little more “giving” to accommodate the issues that have come up with the pre-orders of the new iPhones.  You have customers like myself that pre-ordered their phones that we given not one date but two.  Then you have customers that were given dates that change multiple times.  You also have customers that ordered on days after the pre-order date of 9/9 but now have the exact phone that others who ordered on 9/9 are still waiting for.  Aside from the fact that we took the time to get up or stay up (depending on where you live) to pre-order these phones, the answers that we are getting on this forum or via customer service are horrible.  I understand that we need to contact Apple to complain because they are the ones that are not sending the phones, but we did not pre-order from Apple, we pre-ordered from Verizon. 

I am a firm believer of customer service and treating customers with value and respect.  Best Buy apparently understands the idea of customer service because they knew there were issues beforehand and decided that they were going to compensate their customers for their mishap and the inconvenience.  Verizon on the other hand seems to have taken the “oh well, too bad so sad” stance and it is quite disheartening.  I can pay you over what other carriers charge because I love the reliability of the service, but my loyalty counts for nothing.  I should just deal with this cluster-**ck and pray that I get my phone before Thanksgiving.  This is unacceptable to me.  Why even offer the pre-order if there was no chance that I was going to get the phone that I wanted (JB 7+ 128gb)?  Why when I call customer service (which has only been twice) am I getting different answers or the representative telling me that I could gladly try to walk into a store and get a phone?  But of course we find that that is also incorrect information because NO store in my area (Atlanta, GA) was shipped in iPhone 7 plus in any color.

To say the least, I am disappointed with Verizon that their lack of interest to appease their customers for the clear frustration and inconvenience that were are experiencing, the misinformation their representatives are giving their customers, and the entire process of ordering these phones and having to wait without a date of when we are getting our new phones.  It makes me wonder if my loyalty lies in the wrong company.

Do better

Order Date - 9/9

Order time - 3:10 am - after the issues with their website was resolved

Confirmation email received - yes

Ship date on email - 10/5

Ship date on website - 9/23

Phone order - JB 7+ 128gb

CC charged - nope not yet

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon being so standoffish?
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

Our customers are our bread and butter and deserve to be treated with compassion and respect at all times, Ideannepps. Ordering a new device should be an exciting time, not a disappointment. It’s understandable that issues ordering the device and receiving conflicting delivery dates is trying. We appreciate your patience in working with us and apologize for anyone you’ve worked with who responded nonchalantly about this experience.

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MANJAS8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well said! This whole #verizonpreodergate is absolutely ridiculous. I know people who ordered the same phone after me and got theirs before me. My ship date is actually pushed back a week now.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Upon reading other forum pages it seems Apple is keeping all the JB models to fill their orders first which could be a big reason Verizon isn't getting much if any JB phones especially 7+ models!

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well that should have been a discussion that Apple had before allowing Verizon to take pre-orders.  But I am not sure that I believe that story either.  Either way, it is a horrible customer experience that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

dmonetc
Contributor - Level 1

I dont believe that either

0 Likes
smrivera1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not happy with any of this but if Verizon would just let us know what's going on, it would make things a little easier on us. I mean come on, I upgraded to an iPhone 7 and just received an email telling me to treat myself with something nice and upgrade to an iPhone 6s!?!? I already upgraded!!! If they can send out emails like that, why can't they send something that will explain a little bit. Customer service is about communication and not keeping customers in the dark about something like this. Even if it is Apple's fault, Verizon can tell us what's going on. So they may have an understanding with Apple, they can stick by that and not say anything and risk losing customers over it, or stick by it and send out an email or something giving us an update on what the real situation is without throwing Apple under the bus. If they don't have a thing with Apple about not saying anything, then throw Apple under the bus because that's what they're doing to you.

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would definitely be happy with a statement or email of some sort over what we are receiving at this point, NOTHING. But you can't even get a straight correct answer from customer service reps because apparently someone is not training them or they are being kept in the dark just like the customers.  At any rate, it is frustrating and I am getting fed up with seeing people who I know personally that ordered phones after I did and they are getting confirmations and/or tracking numbers for their phones.

It is just not a good look for a company that apparently prides themselves on putting their customers first.  Not this time Verizon.  Again, do better.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You don't believe that huh well let me just clear things up for you guys!

Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus Pre-Orders Shipping Sooner Than Expected | MacRumors Forums

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I follow that site and others for my Apple news (because I have apple everything in my house), however, unless it is coming from Apple or in this case Verizon, I am still not 100 percent sure I believe it.  MacRUMORS is indeed a great source of information, however, they are not quoting anyone just reporting what they heard.  Sometimes they are right but there have been times when those sites have been wrong.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

If you took the time to read the posts and do the research you would see people that have ordered from Apple that had dates way back in October for JB are getting their phones shipped. Now if you are going to say you don't believe the people posting either then you have no business on forum pages.

0 Likes