Re: Why is Verizon being so standoffish?
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could care less about the people ordering phones directly from Apple.  That is not the point of my post as I am not one of the people that have ever ordered directly from Apple.  I have always dealt directly with Verizon and even last year when I got my Rose Gold (which was the popular phone at the time) I never had an issue.  I got my phone on release date even though they were projecting a later date.  So it is great for those people that have ordered their phones directly from Apple and they are getting their phones sooner.  I had even considered doing that this go around after I got my first date, but by then the dates were at the end of November. 

So again, I tend not to believe everything that I read on the internet regardless of the source.  #theend

0 Likes
dmonetc
Contributor - Level 1

Clearly you are in your feelings so Im let you have this one. But like i said I dont believe that, but it could very well be true, whos to say? Jeez relax much?

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly.

The point of this post is, why is Verizon not doing a better job of taking care and keeping its customers informed and happy.  The post was not meant to determine which website is accurately predicting when phones will be received by customers who ordered outside of Verizon or why Verizon won't be getting specific phones in their retail stores.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You guys act like Verizon is playing keep away with your phone if they had units best believe they would ship them even Apple said JB is SOLD OUT and plus models would not be available in stores all over the country no need for Verizon to confirm this. Apple has their own orders to fill so best believe they are filling those orders first. If you want to leave Verizon over an iPhone please do also take a look around you there are bigger problems than you getting your iPhone! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has become clear to me that you have a lack of understanding.  I never once said Verizon was playing keep away with the phone and I even acknowledged that this issue clearly stems from Apple not sending any of the units to the stores or to be shipped for the people who pre-ordered.  My issue clearly states (and maybe you should go back and reread it) that Verizon does not seem to be handling their customers well.  Between giving false information, multiple shipment dates, and/or canceling orders it seems that this time around they aren't coordinated and the people that are suffering are the customers.  You are so busy trying to be right and have the last word that YOU are missing the entire point of the original post, so let me restate it for you.  Unlike Best Buy and some of the other companies, Verizon does not seem to be very conscious of how their customers are taking this problem.  Instead, we are being met with nonchalant and lackluster responses from their representatives which leaves a bad taste in customer's mouths.  For Verizon to be the largest cellphone company on the market with a lot of loyal customers, this is NOT something that we expect from them.  If they know that there is a problem with how things worked this time, why haven't they been more accommodating and trained their employees to give the right responses and be a little more sympathetic, as this is not any fault of ours (the customer).

Unfortunately, you decided to bring up people buying their units directly from Apple, which had nothing to do with my point and I think that is where the post got misdirected.  I hope that this has cleared up any obvious confusion you have with why I originally posted.

Have a great evening!!!

0 Likes
smrivera1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

For me, it's not about not having the phones or anything like that. Their dates have been all over the place and then this past week, everyone's order status changed to processing. My issue is that they just go and change that and not let anyone know what that really means. Their customers have been anticipating this phone for a while now. I want a phone that doesn't freeze up on me every time I do something (iPhone 5). I see that people who ordered the same phone as me well after I did have already got confirmation that their phone has been shipped. I just want to know if this means they have my phone but I might take a few extra days to sort through everything or does it mean that they changed everyone's status just because they got a lot of the phones in and there's a good chance I won't get mine soon? They could easily say that they got a lot of phones in and if your status is in processing, then your phone should be shipped within a week or so. Just an update is what I'm looking for. As a Verizon customer, I would like to hear something from Verizon. I ordered through them, so they should update me and not expect me to go somewhere else to find the answer. It wouldn't be a very smart thing for Apple to fill all of their direct orders first before getting some out to the other companies too. We are also Apple users. I understand giving their direct customers specials and beta testing and stuff like that, but not to prevent the customers who are more likely to turn away from Apple because they aren't die-hard Apple fans. That's just bad business.

lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

Our customers are our bread and butter and deserve to be treated with compassion and respect at all times, Ideannepps. Ordering a new device should be an exciting time, not a disappointment. It’s understandable that issues ordering the device and receiving conflicting delivery dates is trying. We appreciate your patience in working with us and apologize for anyone you’ve worked with who responded nonchalantly about this experience.

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes