I work from home in a neighborhood with poor cellular signal (1-2 bars, fluctuates). I recently switched from ATT (with Samsung phone) to Verizon (with iPhone7), and I can no longer make reliable calls.
Cellular calls don't work in my house: signal is too poor to sustain a conversation.
On ATT with my Samsung phone, I used Wifi Calling all the time without any problems from my home office.
Now with Verizon and iPhone7, my WiFi calls drop frequently (about 50% of the time, randomly, sometimes 10 minutes in, 30h in...).
Here is what happens:
- the sound stops,
- the timer on the phone call continues for about 3 seconds,
- then it says "call failed" and the phone goes back to home screen.
I tried the following:
- Turn to Airplane mode to make sure that the Wifi call wasn't trying to switch to a Cellular call: still drops WiFi calls
- Tried LTE setting on "Voice and Data" as well as "Data": still drops WiFi calls
- Verizon tech support ran diagnostic tests on my phone via LiveChat: no problem found, still drops WiFi calls
- Apple store did full restore on my iPhone7: still drops WiFi calls
- Verizon store swapped my SMS card: still drops WiFi calls
- Reset wireless network: still drops WiFi calls
- Apple replaced my iPhone7 with another new iPhone7: still drops WiFi calls
Best Buy will not let me return the phone because of their strict 14 day return policy.
I have had the phone for 18 days now.
I am at loss. I signed this contract with Verizon 18 days ago, and I cannot use my phone at home.
Please help me replace the phone with another type of device that would enable me to make and sustain calls at home.
I know it is important to have your WiFi calling working correctly, JEFALE34. I just sent you a Direct Message so we can take an in-depth look at your account so we can get your WiFi calling up and running.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!