Wrong city suddenly shown on my bill for calls
Starblazers

My bill shows a series of call I was making from my phone all in the same evening. I called the number several times that night. However, on the last call, it shows the origination, which I am guessing is where I was when I got the call, as a city over 50 miles away. All of the previous calls that evening show my city. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong city suddenly shown on my bill for calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Starblazers! Understanding your call log is important, and we want to help. Origination is an outgoing call. When you placed the call were you traveling, or in one location? What is the make and model of your phone?

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Starblazers

No. I was not traveling. I was still in my house it was late at night. My phone is an iPhone 7

0 Likes
Starblazers

This was during part of my state's partial shutdown, so I do not see why I would have been traveling at night. Especially, around midnight. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Starblazers, thank you for confirming this information. Let's dive deeper into this matter. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message?

0 Likes
Starblazers

I did not receive a private message. However, it is not that big a deal. It is more out of curiosity as an IT person. I was just reviewing some bills from a few months back and noticed it. I have also read several other post from other people in the forum that depending on if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network in combination with GPS location services at the time it could impact location services. Seems many people have this question. I believe someone said there showed them more than 100 miles from where they were located. More of a curiosity than something that needs a deep dive. 

0 Likes
Starblazers

Actually, I did just see the private message. Like I said, not a big deal, more of a curiosity on why the call would show my city for several hours, then change even though I had not changed location. 

0 Likes