adding a new line using existing iphone 6
H2OKES

So, I have an iPhone 6 that was previously on my account, am currently using  a  6S plus on a device payment plan. Could I add my old IPhone 6 as a new line on my account and then trade it in for a new 7?. Would I have to activate it in my name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: adding a new line using existing iphone 6
rcschnoor
Legend

You could, but do you need another line? To get the FULL $650 credit, that line would have to be active for 24 months. Seems like a lot to do for that credit. Possibly you don't realize that "up to $650 credit" is a MONTHLY credit credited to your account each month to offset the monthly payment on a DPP purchase. Once you cancel the line and no longer have it active, the full amount becomes due and you would no longer get that monthly credit on your account.

0 Likes
H2OKES

I just thought once I owned it, I could transfer that phone to my daughters line, but if I need to keep the actual line active for 2 years, it wouldn't be worth the trouble

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't have to keep the line active for 2 yrs, just if you want the FULL $650 trade in value for trading in an iPhone 6S+.

0 Likes
H2OKES

Then there would be no point at all.....that was the main reason for doing it

0 Likes