cant reciveve sms
ugamike34

I have a Verizon Iphone 7. I have a contact that has a Google Nexus and is on Cricket Wireless. I can call, send this contact sms and
MMS messages without any issues. The contact can call me and send me MMS and group messages. They cannot send me txt messages. They do not receive any error messages. They have not changed plans or phones. I have not made any changes to my plans or phone. We’ve been able to send messages the past 6 months. Neither of us have any contacts blocked. I’ve tried blocking and unblocking on both phones that does not clear it up. I’ve tried using a different app on the Nexus phone and that did not fix the issue. I’ve deleted all previous message threads
on both phones and I’ve deleted each of our contacts. I don’t know what else to do to try and fix this other than to use google hangouts or some other messaging app. I don’t feel like that is an acceptable solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cant reciveve sms
ugamike34

Oh and before anyone asks, Yes I have tried turning off iMessage for several days and that did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure you can stay in touch with all of the contacts in your phone. It sounds like there is an error on the end of your friend's network. I would suggest having them call their carrier to get this figured out.

0 Likes
ugamike34

Why would this be an issue with their carrier? She can txt and MMS with several other iphone/verizon users and she can receive txt from me. It makes me think that this would be an issue on my end. Why would it be an issue with her phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the steps that you've completed on your side with your phone and with their device, ugamike34. From the information that you've provided, it does sound like everything on our network and your device is working the way it should. We ask for them to check with their carrier cause it sounds like a delivery issues from the other carrier.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes