delayed voice mail messages and contact list on my verizon phone
mlewj

Verizon voice mail

Some voice mail messages are not available until 2 to 3 days later.  On my cell phone the app shows a 1 or 2 which means there is a message.  But when I open the app there are no messages available.  I do the *86 to retrieve my messages and it says there are no messages. The 1 or 2 does not go away when I close the app.  Then a day or 2 later the message arrives, and I am able to listen to it. 

This happens 95% of the time. 

Example:  2 messages was left for me from lens crafters to remind me of my Saturday appointment.  the app shows the number 2 meaning there are messages waiting for me.  I open the app there are no messages available.  I call my voice mail message by calling *86 and it says there are no messages.  Sunday 2 days later I open the app and the messages are there for me to listen to. 

I get complaints from friends and family because I don’t get the messages until days later.

Contact list on my Verizon phone

The phone book on my cell phone copies the same contacts 4 to 5 times.  So, in the phone book I see that many listings for each contact.  I’ve deleted duplicates but seems to always come back.  Not sure why it does that.  It is very time consuming and tedious to constantly must fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: delayed voice mail messages and contact list on my verizon phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlewj,

Making sure your device can be used to fully stay connected is a big deal. That this keeps happening with your messages is very concerning. We're glad to help figure this out and make sure you can get those right away.

When did this start happening with your voicemail? Do you have any other troubles with services in this area, such as issues with calls, texts, or data?

As for those contacts, we want to keep those straight. That would take a lot of time to remove duplicates. What services if any do you use to back those up?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes