didn't turn off old phone to activate new one
RACHELFITZ19

i forgot to turn off my old phone before turning on my new one and now can't use either to make calls. How do I go about fixing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: didn't turn off old phone to activate new one
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

RACHELFITZ19-

Our goal is to make sure your new phone activation goes through without any issues. Are you using the Sim card from your old phone or a new Sim card? Have you tried powering off both devices and restart just the new phone? To confirm if the activation is complete, please visit your My Verizon account at www.vzw.com/myverizon

If it shows a pending activation, we would need to assist with a manual activation.Please keep us posted.

-Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LittleLady0707
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying for hours to get Verizon to help me with my activation problem.  No luck.  My friends are new customers and Verizon activated their phones.  I've been a customer for 20  plus years but they couldn't activate mine. Gotta get back to the hold music and the Chat hold.  Right, they cut the phone lines to the stores that are open.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LittleLady0707, we are eager to assist in getting that new phone activated for you. Please share with me some details on what steps have you taken to activate the device?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Whit_Fletch91

My old phone won’t even turn on but it’s still activated; i got a new one in the mail today & tried activating it; it’s activated but it won’t make calls or text because my old one is “still in use” how do I go about taking the old phone off & deactivating it!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card from the old phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Whit_Fletch91, thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to read that your old phone is giving you so many headaches. Although, it is great to see you have your replacement with you at this time. Have you tried removing the SIM card from your old phone and put it the new one? 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes