home wifi connecting automatically
JCIA7248

I have an Iphone 7 Plus.  My phone does not consistently connect to our home wifi.  I am therefore using data that I should not being used.  Any suggestions would be totally appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: home wifi connecting automatically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further help has arrived JCIA7248. I know how important it is to connect to WiFi to help manage your data usage. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Please clarify what you mean when you say your phone does not consistently connect to your home WiFi. Is the phone losing the connection or does it some times not connect at all? Does this happen only with your home WiFi?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCIA7248

Periodically we, my wife and I, look and we are not connected . the message we get is that we need more security by going to a WPA2 connection. We don't know how to do that. We are being charged extra by Verizon for going over our minutes because of being kicked off our WIFI and not knowing.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The issue is with your WiFi Network and not Verizon.

Since your Apple phone is having the problem you should call Apple support at 1-800-My-iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details JCIA7248. To be sure we are taking the proper steps, does this issue only happen with your home WiFi network or does it happen with any network you try to connect to? Based on the issue happening with both your phone and your wife's phone, it would appear that the issue is with the WiFi network and not your devices.

0 Likes