i lost wifi calling with the last iphone update
JCVike

How do I get wifi calling back?  It isn't working after the last iphone update.  I have the iphone 7 Plus.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i lost wifi calling with the last iphone update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my! JCVike, WiFi-Calling is an awesome feature and I definitely want to make sure you are able to use it. I know how the updates can be sometimes. Some settings may get changed at times. No worries, we would be more than happy to get you back on track. If you haven't done so already, try turning the feature off and on. Make sure you are connected to WiFi before doing so. Also, you can try power cycling your phone and resetting the Network Settings. You will not lose any of your personal content by doing so. Let us know what happens. 

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCVike

This did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCVike,

I'm sorry to hear the steps provided weren't able to get you up and running with WiFi calling. This function is too convenient to not work properly, so let's keep chipping away at this so we can figure out what's happening. To better understand your issue, I'd like to ask a few questions. What happens when you try to place a WiFi call? Are you able to successfully activate the feature itself? What specifically isn't working regarding WiFi calling?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCVike

When The Verizon service isn’t available because of location I used to be able to turn on WiFi calling. Now when there is no Verizon service and WiFi calling is turned on it just continues to say no service and there is not WiFi calling ability at all. You can’t use WiFi calling as it doesn’t connect. It worked fine until the last update of the iOS on my iPhone 7 Plus. I know 2 other people with iPhones and Verizon and they lost the ability with the update also.

Jess

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes