Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great question- Verizon needs to step up to the plate.

Honestly - Verizon Reps - if you don't have any new information that isn't from your orientation troubleshooting guide - or NEW INFORMATION about what WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT THIS ISSUE - you should remain silent - because your replies are both insulting and condescending.

NICKAI2013

I too am having this issue and have been patiently waiting, reading posts in the macrumors forum Carrier - iPhone 7 Plus "No Service" (VZW) | Page 29 | MacRumors Forums . Hope this gets fixed soon! So annoying and frustrating.  I am very close to switching carriers if that will help fix the "No service, 1x, 3G" bouncing signal issue.

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW told me it's nothing on their end so they sent me to Apple. Apple is sending me a new phone but I highly doubt it will be resolved.

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon doesn't care that so many of us are having this issue so long as the phones are still flying off the shelves.

I have a feeling this problem will be dragged out for quite some time.

Verizon won't even educate their customer service agents on this obviously widespread flaw.

Fix it.

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not true - and a new phone will not resolve your issue.  There are multiple threads about relevant case numbers to give to Verizon tech support. 

They are actively seeking a solution, however, I doubt one will be coming soon. 

That being said - when you talked to Verizon did you get to their advanced tech support?  Because if you talked to the T1 when you first call in tech support, they are just as clueless and the forum tech support guys - they basically have a 1st day orientation tech support cheat sheet and if they can’t solve it from there they assume it’s user error and tell you sorry.

0 Likes
Dlrbills4me

I reset Network Settings, then went to the VZW store where they replaced the SIM.  When that did not work I went to Apple where they replaced the phone.  Still having the same issue. Have been using LTE for Data Only which has improved the issue but does not change the fact that I have way worse service than I did on my Iphone 6 which I what just switched from. Even with using the LTE for Data Only "fix"  I frequently am downgraded to 3G service.  Yesterday, I stood next to someone in the store with an older iPhone, he had LTE while my iPhone 7 had 3G.  He taught me how to turn on airplane mode then turn it back off to grab better service, but to have to do that constantly is INSANE.

The ONLY reason to justify paying extra for a VZW phone is better service, which I am not getting! VZW better fix this issue before the time comes where I can return the phone, because I am going straight to another carrier for half the price.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family, Dlrbills4me. I want to make sure that we get get you back up and running. Please check Settings, General, About and please make sure that the phone is up to date to 10.0.2. If it is, and you're still having issues, please back up your device and restore your device through iTunes: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHAHOL9

I just got off the phone with Verizon who suggested doing a full restore, the guy says that will fix it in most cases. He also said that he thinks Apple is coming out with an update that will fix it.  Keep in mind this was just the first level customer service guy, probably take that information with a grain of salt.

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only thing worse than this issue is the awful advice being doled out by Verizon Reps. What kind of training are you all getting? You're causing more headache for your customers than this issue itself, for the last time, STOP telling people to restore their phones, that won't fix the phones, just refer these cases to upper tiers so they know how big the problem is. There is nothing that can be done on the phones themselves to fix this.

The ONLY workaround That's working is to go to cellular in settings, then cellular options, click enable LTE, then choose data only.

This will disable voice over lte, or as Verizon calls it, hd voice, this will degrade call quality a tad, will disable the ability to talk on the phone and use data at the time same, and disables wifi calling.

Everyone, STOP restoring your phones and the next Verizon rep that tells you to do this, ask to speak to a higher tier and refer them to this and the macrumors thread that I've linked in this one.

Verizon, stop giving bad advice and fix this.

MarkM82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been watching this thread since a day or two after getting my new phone and experiencing this issue. I have been using the workaround with what i consider positive results. However, these Verizon reps look like complete douchebags. It's like rinse, wash, repeat. I think theres a good chance they might be robots. They come in saying they want to help and make sure we're satisfied. Then provide garbage advice which has been indicated as being completely useless a number of times after each new Verizon robot comes in and says the same trash. They should just keep quiet because I pay a premium to be on the best and they're nonsense responses just make me think im paying for a cutrate service. Do you take us for fools, have any of us given you the impression that we are morons and have no idea how to proceed without mentioning the first thing all of us probably tried. Give your customers a little bit of credit, we're not imbeciles.