iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
ButchV
Enthusiast - Level 2

just completed 200-mile trip, all interstate with 95% LTE coverage.  iPhone 7+ would drop service every few minutes/miles (switching between towers maybe?).  Other devices on iOS 9. (6s, 6+) as well as MiFi were able to maintain continuous service.   Comparing coverage when service would drop showed iOS 9 maintained 3 bars, so not spotty coverage area.  Is there any way VZW could troubleshoot what happened and how to fix?  Has to be an iOS 10 or iPhone 7 issue...

Labels (1)
Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
DIAPAV59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm currently having the same issue with the Iphone 7.  Reset the Network settings and even replaced the SIM card.  Still experiencing the dropped service.  Not sure if this is related but T-Mobile users are having the same issue and APPLE released an update to the client services to 25.2. T-Mobile users were having the same issue and when they released this update, it seems to correct it.  My phone is running client services 25.1.  Maybe Verizon should get this update out quickly!

username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  Contacted Verizon and Apple.  Verizon advised my coverage was "less than optimal" in my current area, except I was traveling (across multiple states and in places where my iPhone 6 and Verizon worked seamlessly).  Apple advised resetting and backing up from icloud OR replacing the sim card. I already restored the phone from an icloud backup when I bought it. I'm willing to try the sim card replacement tomorrow, but when not on wifi, the phone is almost unusable.

MarkM82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 7 plus 256gb. I have a 6 plus that will have full strength LTE service and my iPhone 7 will lose connectivity and say "no service" while I am driving. I found I can restore it faster by switching airplane mode on, and then off, but this is extremely frustrating and I'm not sure if its just coming back on after moving out of the particular service area (antenna). I updated the SIM to the brand new one that came with the phone (I originally just transferred the one from my 6 plus into the 7) and was super careful to not touch gold contacts. I also reset network settings and did a full restore of my computer back-up image. I would be interested to see if anybody was able to resolve by just doing a fresh wipe and not restoring from an old backup. Please keep us informed because this is a significant issue.

CHRGUE33

I have the same problem, where I will drop from LTE to 3G or 1x fairly frequently in Scottsdale, AZ.  Occasionally get No Service too.  Already swapped out the SIM card on Monday.  Still having the same issue.

0 Likes
Dontbecomcast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having this same issue. Only "solution" I have found so the service doesn't drop while driving/navigating is to turn off LTE. Going backwards to only use 3G seems ridiculous. The new phones don't play nice with this new and "improved" LTE network Verizon is touting in all their new adds. Don't know if it's Apple's fault or Verizon's. Anyone find a way to solve the problem while remaining on the LTE network?

0 Likes
UNDEROATHCHICA

same here. Hopefully they find a fix quickly

0 Likes
DIAPAV59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear all,

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but the IPhone 7 allows you to make calls with LTE.  Under settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE, you will see three options.  I updated to only use LTE for DATA ONLY and this solved my NO SERVICE issue.

Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not really a solution of any kind, but your investigation is appreciated.

LTE for Voice enables HD Calling and is a must have feature. 

however, the fix does not work for the network extender issue, either

0 Likes
DIAPAV59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Roadblocked.  No your right, it's not a fix but more like a band aid for those users that use their phone for Directions.  I couldn't even use WAZE because it would even loose the GPS signal.  However, once I turned that that option off, it was fine.  I could still make calls but it wouldn't be in LTE quality.