Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Apple today and they are saying they have no knowledge of this issue.....

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is driving me crazy, with this many people affected, you would think Verizon would be quick to fix the issue, they even replaced my device with no change in service.

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how important having a working phone is for everyone experiencing the same issues, ButchV. Let's review this together. Please reset your network settings by going to settings>general>reset> and then select reset network settings. Once completed the phone will reset. Please update me on your progress.

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop telling everyone to reset their network settings. That won't fix this issue.

The only verified work  around is to disable HD voice which also disables wifi calling.

verizon and apple need to acknowledge the problem, and release an update.

These phones aren't working, there are threads on just about every forum related to these phones.

Fix it.

VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly.  I know I have already called Verizon who blamed Apple and Apple is saying they have no knowledge of this issue.

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a 27 page thread related to this problem.

Carrier - iPhone 7 Plus "No Service" (VZW) | Page 27 | MacRumors Forums

Fix it.

0 Likes
crzyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with CHREAT27, stop telling people to reset network settings.  This does not help.  Please spend your time escalating the issue.   Please confirm that there is a problem and that it is being worked on by Verizon and Apple. 

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Getting to the bottom of your signal concerns is our goal for all of our customers. Apple has recently released a software update as of 09/26/16. Please go to settings> general> software update to update to the newest software. Please keep us posted on the outcome. If the issue still persists, please back up and restore through iTunes: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support  

-TakendaW_VZW

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

This update had no affect and was already in development well before this issue arose.

STILL NOT SOLVED

0 Likes
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update for 10.0.02 was released on September 23, 2016.  There was no update released as of yesterday (09/26/2016).

The update did not remediate the issue. It persists despite all suggestions.  As people have indicated on here, resetting network settings, swapping sim cards, restoring through iTunes, isolating the issue to a specific zip code all have not worked.

What would help is to know: 

1) Is Verizon doing anything about this (not simply suggesting ideas for working around the issue)?

2) Is Apple aware of the issue?  If not, Verizon should make them aware of the issue.