Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
pherson
Champion - Level 1

First of all, there is a lot of [Removed] and moaning about this, and it's not a Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint or Att issue.  It's Apple, and it's not acknowledged. Why do I say that? I have coworkers and friends who are on different networks saying the same thing and Apple is not trying to be a Samsung so they won't acknowledge it. Everyone is so quick to blame Verizon. If you feel it's an issue move on where it will be an issue until it's fixed. It's just a phone.

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ValCh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried to do Data only over LTE, and turn off the Voice, but meet another problem, people can't hear me well and I can't hear people well, and my internet speed felt down to 0.00. That's crazy. Maybe Verizon network is really become old.

IMG_0120.PNG

0 Likes
PATMUL14

I have the same issue with my iphone 7 128gb.  I called verizon and refreshed my settings & have also swapped out my iphone for a brand new one at the apple store..... I still have the problem.  My phone goes from LTE -> 3G -> 1x -> no service in my house and while driving.  I called verizon today and opened a support ticket.

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to get the service up to par with this great phone. As you’ve updated the phone already, what else have you tried? We highly recommend powering the phone off and remove the sim card for a short time. Once you place the sim card back in and power the phone on it can take a few minutes to show service.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

You've got to be kidding me.

I too now agree that the "agents" on here must be bots. No way these people are this dense.

0 Likes
DIAPAV59
Enthusiast - Level 2

pherson.  Although part of your rant is correct, this is an Apple issue.  It's really up to Verizon to correct it because we are customers of THEIR network.  So VERIZON should reach out to APPLE to get this resolved. 

As you can see from the thread it seems to be getting noticed by VERIZON compared to everyone on this Thread calling tech support.  Also it's shows other VERIZON customers who have purchased the Iphone 7 that they are not alone.

However, I'm not sure why your on the thread, unless you are having problems yourself.  If not, them please remove yourself.

CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon iPhone 7 Users Afflicted With LTE Connectivity Problems - Mac Rumors

But yea, lets keep telling people to wipe their phones.

0 Likes
MarkM82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you serious. This thread was created to discuss this issue to see how widespread it is, and to discuss potential solutions. Pherson you come in here strictly to spread venom and add nothing to the conversation. You imbue all that is troll. Move along there's nothing more for you here.

0 Likes
ggoldfa1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this same problem ever since I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 10. I then upgraded to the iPhone 7 and continued facing the same exact issue. I live in MD and my phone is constantly switching between 3G, 1x, and No Service. My 6 used to have LTE almost everywhere prior to this. I even exchanged my 7 at a local VZW store and the issue persists. My phone is unusable for most of the time now, why is it taking them so long to fix this?

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is an issue with the iPhone 7 in certain areas of the country that is being widely reported on this forum and many other forums on the Internet for two weeks!  I think it's very shameful that Verizon has not posted publicly or internally about this issue that is being widely reported. People are wasting their time trading out phones and SIM cards trying to fix this issue, which doesn't help! Verizon needs to be up front with this issue affecting their customers and let us know what they are trying to do to resolve this issue!

0 Likes