Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
BCLEIN28

I just started having this problem within the last two days. Have had my 7 for about 6 weeks. Anybody else still having this issue even after updating iOS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that everything is okay, BCLEIN28. Are you currently updated to the most recent software version? If you are unsure, can you please check in your settings?

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PAUEDGE

Hello! This thread seems to have faded but I am still having this issue. I have been on the phone with Verizon level 2 tech support multiple times as well as apple shpport 2x. I have had the issue since I purchased the iPhone 7 and it only affects my line. I have had 2 other Verizon phones alongside for independent testing and they keep LTE while mine goes to no service, 3G or 1x in an area with great service. Toggling airplane mode on and off restores LTE when the phone is stuck on 1x or 3G I have tried the following and spent countless hours dealing with support and resetting/restoring.

replace sim

reset network settings

toggle "voice and data" to voice only

erase all content and settings / iCloud restore

restore iPhone using factory settings using iTunes and then restore backup using iTunes

is is anyone still having this issue or is there anything else I can do fix this? I am missing tons of work related calls and data communication - as well as burning my data allowance trying to troubleshoot in different areas constantly.

zip code 98029

128gb iPhone 7

IOS 10.2 (14C92)

Please help! I feel like I start over with every person I talk to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of your efforts, PAUEDGE. I assure you that we want nothing more than for you to get the performance you expect from your device and I would be happy to help you today. We want to be sure we have exhausted all of our trouble shooting steps to turn this around.

We do see that you have covered several steps to improve the phones performance. What we can do at this point is explore escalating this to our network team and also go over replacement options for you, if needed. Please contact us http://vz.to/2eL1HRt at your earliest convenience to allow us the opportunity to access your account and continue working towards a solution.

SteveR_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICEGL28

This issue has retuned with the iOS 10.2.1 update. On iPhone 7. Everything was fine after 10.0.3 and subsequent updates, until this current update. Take the same route to work every day. Previously would have 1x in the parking garage, once on the street would immediately switch to 3G, get near/on the expressway and it would lock on to LTE and stay for 45 minute drive. After 10.2.1, stays on 1x all the way to work. 5 bars of 1x most of the way, not that useful. Toggle on/off airplane mode and it connects on LTE. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

0 Likes
GRETAL11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from AT&T and never had this issue.  My new iPhone 7 with Verizon says I have LTE when I'm not using my phone.  The second I place or pick up a call it switches from LTE to 1x and remains on 1x for the remainder of the call.  Very frustrating.  Any permanent fixes yet? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First and foremost; Welcome to Team Verizon Wireless! Gretal11, I know that I too would want to ensure that my calls are flowing through HD voice when that service is available. Let's help turn your VZW experience around.

The reason that your phone is switching to 1X for the call is due to a particular setting that may not be active on your phone. The call operating in 1X is normal depending on your settings.

Please access Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > If your phone is set to Data Only, this is why this is occurring. 4G LTE is only working for Data. Please set your phone to Voice & Data > Next Please go back to the Cellular Data Options Menu > Roaming > Enable Data Roaming > Restart your phone > And try testing out a call. Your phone should now work under 4G LTE, and allow you to surf the web while on a call.

Please keep us posted if this resolved your issue.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DINJAW89

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my iphone 7 switching to LTE. I have updated to the newest ios 10.2.1 and also changed my cellular settngs as previously suggested with no luck.  My data is being used up constantly no matter where I am.

Is there anything else that can be done to solve this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we are on the same page about your problem. Is your device having issues staying in LTE? We can take a look at your area and see what is going on. Can we please have your ZIP Code? When did this first start? Are you having any other issues since your update?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GRETAL11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having this problem.  Verizon tried disconnecting my LTE service, then reactivating it.  They even gave me a new iPhone 7 thinking it was a problem with the device.  Nothing has worked.

Here is my problem that still happens daily.  When I enter the parking garage at my office building, my service drops from LTE to 3G.  When I leave my parking garage, the phone stays in 3G until I make a phone call.  When I make the phone call, service changes from 3G to 1x, then the call disconnects.  It's extremely frustrating.

After pulling out of the parking garage, I have tried turning airplane mode on and off, but the phone is still stuck in 3G.  Even if that fix worked, I don't want to have to go through that process every day. 

If it's helpful, the zip code where this is occurring is 77056, right in the middle of Houston.