Re: iPhone 7 Plus NOT part of promotion now!?!
Jeffreyh123
Enthusiast - Level 2

pherson,

I have read it carefully.  My phones are in pristine condition.  I have gone through the valuation process on Verizon's site about 25 time over the past 12 hours, so I am familiar with it.

They ask the four questions.  If you answer yes to all four, your valuation is $650 in total.  $290 is the regular valuation.  And it lists "$360 promotional value".

0 Likes
Jeffreyh123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the offer below.  Note the last sentence.  "good working & cosmetic condition".  If the screen isn't cracked and the battery isn't damaged, one should be OK.  As I said, mine, being 10 months old and always in a case , are in nearly new condition.

This isn't a bait and switch re: appraisal value.  It is a promotion to get you to get a new phone and the trade in value is paid to you monthly over 24 months, and the payments stop if you pay off your phone early.  So they have you as a customer for 24 months and you can't upgrade without losing a portion of the value of the original offer.

Here’s how to get your iPhone 7 for $0:

1.   Buy a new iPhone 7 with monthly device payments. 
  2.   During checkout, select the option to trade in your old device, or if you wish to trade in your device at a later time, log in to My Verizon and select "trade in old device." 
  3. After you have completed your trade-in appraisal, you will receive a box to return your old device.

Your savings will be credited to your account as recurring payments over 24 months beginning within 2-3 cycles. iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are eligible for promotional value of $650. 

$649.99 on device payment req’d. Less $650 trade-in credit, ends when balance paid; 0% APR. Line must be active for 2 yrs for full credit. Trade-in must be in good working & cosmetic condition.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phones that are ten month old are going to be worth considerably less than a phone purchased two months ago.  You will get more selling your phone yourself then trading it in.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jeffreyh123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

I regret starting this thread now, as people don't seem to understand what my concern was.

I ended up receiving $650 each for the trade-in value of three 6S phones (10 months old) and one 6 phone (15 months old).

The offer, as seen in the reply directly above yours, is to provide a $650 bill credit over 24 months to anyone who turns in a 6 or 6S in "good" condition.  The phones are not worth that much on eBay, Craigslist, etc.  This is a promotion Verizon is doing so you remain a customer for 24 months (if you leave - or upgrade - you don't get the full trade-in value back, as it is paid out over time and the payments to you stop if you don't have the iPhone 7/7S on the device payment plan anymore.  You get $400 for a 5/5S (again, above market value).  You get $200-$400 for various Android phones.

A 24-month-old iPhone 6 which turns on, doesn't have a cracked screen, doesn't have a bulging battery, and is turned in without any lock feature engaged will get the $650.

My original concern was that last night I was given a $290 trade-in value if I bought a 7 Plus, but $650 if I bought a 7.  Earlier in the day, it was $650 if you bought a 7 Plus as well.  Oddly enough, it was $650 again this morning.  So my issue was resolved.

So for anyone else reading this: I was not concerned that they weren't giving me the "fair" value for my phone.  I was concerned that the promotion (that friends had taken advantage of that morning) no longer applied to the 7 Plus.  $650 is a PROMOTIONAL AMOUNT.  And I ended up receiving it for four phones.  And you can too.  Feel free to ask on Verizon chat, or act like you are upgrading and have a 6/6S to turn in.

0 Likes
Willow2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by the VZW rep that the email promotion code would be sent "after" the order is shipped possibly with your tracking number.

and it was for both 7/7plus

0 Likes
Jeffreyh123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have received the full $650 promotional trade-in value for all four of my phones, as the promotion listed.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

I can understand that your upset when you missed the promotion but thats exactly why it's a promotion.  Telling the community won't change the T&C's of the deal!

0 Likes
Bran0125
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually understand. I ordered my iphone 7plus on the 26th of September, while this promotion was still going on. My iphone 6 is in pristine condition. I went into the store to buy the phone. The guy went over the numbers told me the phone I wanted was backordered but I would still get the $650 for my phone as I was ordering the iphone 7 plus during the promotion. It was $650 offered for a trade in of either the 7 or 7 plus,(of course as long as your phone was in good working condition, such as the screen not being cracked/broken and the phone was not scratched up). Now as far as going online and doing it, in my experience, it is better to go into the store than online or through an online representative, as the stores and online reps usually are not on the same page. This way I received the information in writing, and a break down of charges, etc to bring in with me when I get my phone, and turn in my 6.

0 Likes