iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
alwayscali

I was given an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone, what do I need to do or buy to be able to connect to my Verizon account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alwayscali

Getting a new or different phone is always an exciting time. If the phone given to you is unlocked all you will need is a Verizon SIM card in order to be able to activate that phone on our network. You can pick one up at a local corporate store. Click here to find a store location: http://vz.to/2mBD8HR

Now I do have to advise you, Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Edward_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alwayscali

Getting a new or different phone is always an exciting time. If the phone given to you is unlocked all you will need is a Verizon SIM card in order to be able to activate that phone on our network. You can pick one up at a local corporate store. Click here to find a store location: http://vz.to/2mBD8HR

Now I do have to advise you, Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Edward_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes