Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
alwayscali

I was given an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone, what do I need to do or buy to be able to connect to my Verizon account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

alwayscali

Getting a new or different phone is always an exciting time. If the phone given to you is unlocked all you will need is a Verizon SIM card in order to be able to activate that phone on our network. You can pick one up at a local corporate store. Click here to find a store location: http://vz.to/2mBD8HR

Now I do have to advise you, Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Edward_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus unlocked International Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

alwayscali

Getting a new or different phone is always an exciting time. If the phone given to you is unlocked all you will need is a Verizon SIM card in order to be able to activate that phone on our network. You can pick one up at a local corporate store. Click here to find a store location: http://vz.to/2mBD8HR

Now I do have to advise you, Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Edward_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes