iPhone 7 drops connection after period of inactivity
CRASTO24

Has anyone experienced issues where their iPhone 7 drops connection to the cellular network after some period of inactivity?  I have found that there are times when my iPhones will drop connection and I won't receive any calls, messages or internet alerts.  People will say that calls go straight to voicemail and that iMessage doesn't even show delivered.

I wondering if it is somewhat common or if this happens to other people?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 drops connection after period of inactivity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What makes a phone great is that it's always connected, CRASTO24. You've reached out to the right team. When is it you notice this happening? Does it happen in multiple places? Are you always doing the samd thing (app, iMessage, Safari) just before the period of inactivity?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CRASTO24

The loss of connection appears to happen after the phone has been inactive for some period of time.  Almost like I've left it alone for a while then it decides to drop connection to the network.

My wife's phone does the same thing.  When left in her purse for some time, it goes offline and she won't receive calls or messages until she unlocks it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRASTO24,

We definitely want you to get all notifications on your devices. Please allow me to explain how this can happen. When the phone is in standby mode, notifications may not come through as part of a battery-saving mode in the phone. It can also be un-registered from the network if too much time passes before the phone is used. This happens to my phone as well. Do the phones ever show no signal or searching?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes