iPhone 7+ front facing camera stopped working.
jedd209
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 7+ the front facing camera stopped working except in Time Lapse, Slow-Mo and Pano. I did do a reset on my phone a couple weeks ago and this corrected the issue but it happened again today. The reset didn't work this time. Any thoughts. The rear facing camera works just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7+ front facing camera stopped working.
jedd209
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I completed the factory restore and the camera started working again. This is the second time I have done this. Not sure if it is an app or what that is causing one of the cameras to stop working. N

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jedd209,

We want to ensure you have a fully functioning device. Does the camera give you an error message or does the screen just show black instead of the camera view? Did you do a Factory Reset or a soft reset?

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jedd209
Enthusiast - Level 2

It just shows black until I change to one of the settings that work. Then it is a blurry still. This time I just did the soft reset. I can try a factory reset this evening when I have time.

0 Likes
jedd209
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I completed the factory restore and the camera started working again. This is the second time I have done this. Not sure if it is an app or what that is causing one of the cameras to stop working. N

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

James, thank you for your patience, we are still here and will continue providing troubleshooting support. Before you factory reset your phone, I recommend trying the “Reset All Settings” feature first. I have provided a link with the instructions: http://vz.to/2jqHrqR

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear the front camera is working again. To ensure it's not an application causing the front camera not to work, we do suggest reinstalling your applications one at a time and test out the camera each time to ensure the application isn't causing the issue. Especially with this being the 2nd time it happened. Please reach back out if the front camera stops working again. 

0 Likes
jedd209
Enthusiast - Level 2

It stopped working after 2 days again. I was able to take about 6 pictures then it stopped. I'm going to go thru and remove my apps that use the camera and see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear this is persisting jedd209. We really appreciate you working with us. That's a great next step. Please keep us posted. If this persists when there are no 3rd party applications on the device, we may need to review warranty options.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes