iPhone 7 preorder cancelled.. 7 WEEKS LATER
itsrubennn

I am beyond frustrated with my first pre-order experience through Verizon. I usually avoid pre-orders all together to avoid the headaches, but Verizon's promotion caught my eye and dragged me in, against my best judgement. Lets go back to September 19th where I ordered my iPhone 7 Plus. All was fine and dandy, got my expected shipping date of November 2nd. Quite a ways away, but I understood as I knew I ordered a few days after pre-ordering had started. Received those generic emails from Verizon about what I should expect and how I should return my iPhone 6 trade in for my $650 credit towards my iPhone 7 (as that was part of the promotion at the time). Fast forward to November 2nd, woo excited for my phone to ship. 11 days go by and my order is still "processing". Prior to November 2nd my order status simply stated that it was received and nothing more. So TODAY, this morning at 7:45 am, i get an email saying my order was cancelled. I immediately call Verizon, and the first gentleman told me that he knows nothing more than "the customer cancelled the order." I was about to take off on my flight so I had to hang up and call back later. 3 pm today, I call and a different gentleman tells me that my order was cancelled because the email that I "received" on September 20th or so (he could not tell me when this email was sent) was an email containing terms and conditions and that it had to be confirmed within 24 hours or my order would've even cancelled.

So today on November 13th I learned that I was supposed to confirm an email, (AN EMAIL I NEVER RECEIVED) an email that I cannot even be told WHEN was sent to me, perhaps sometime in mid September for my order to have been placed. So I have been waiting patiently for my phone that apparently was cancelled the day after I ordered it. I was never told that I was to expect an email. I paid $61 up front and to me honestly, seems like enough confirmation of my order and agreement to the terms and conditions. I am upset because they will not honor the promotion I signed up with, because I didn't click a button on an imaginary email, I'm upset because i've been lied to for the past 7 weeks about waiting for my phone. They could've cancelled my order that week in September and I would've understood and reordered under the same promotion. But instead, I find out 7 weeks after my order was placed, a week after I should've already had the phone. The lack of communication from Verizon's end is extremely frustrating. They've had 7 weeks to notify me of what I was missing so I could've fixed the issue in a timely manner. Instead I find out today and am told to order the phone today and they can *maybe* offer me about $300 for my phone when I was promised $650 back in September.

I feel like I am being cheated out of the promotion that they no longer wish to honor.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 preorder cancelled.. 7 WEEKS LATER
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear. We understand your concern and frustration. However, terms and conditions do need to be accepted as it is a new agreement. If they are not accepted within the time frame expected, the order is indeed canceled. We would be happy to take a look further into detail, to begin, please send us a Private Message regarding this concern. 

0 Likes
itsrubennn

How do send you all a private message?

0 Likes
Amcg4034

I just found out yesterday the exact same thing happened to me, canceled on 11/2!!! I am so angry and frustrated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order and I'm here to help identify what transpired. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes