iPhone 7 - volume issues
GABGOR5

I'm having volume issues with my 7.  I will put my phone on silent (flipping switch) for meetings and such.  Once I flip the switch to come out of silent mode the volume is at full and not at the mid-level I had it set on before I put it on silent. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  My software is up to date on 11.4.1

Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 - volume issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange, GABGOR5. I would want my volume to go back to where I had it before switching to silent as well, as I'm sure that was a loud surprise the first time it happened. But I'm sure we'll find a solution together. Just to be sure I'm on the same page, do you change any other volume controls (such as audio playback or alert volume) while the phone is switched to silent? Do you have a case on your iPhone? When did you first notice that it wasn't going back to the mid-volume setting?

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GABGOR5

Hi Jennifer. I noticed that this started happening a few weeks ago after I backed up my phone. I haven’t changed any volume/alert buttons while the phone has been in silent mode. I have clear Otterbox 7 case.

Thanks for looking into this.

~ Gabrielle

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for that information. It's extremely important that we get your device's sound notifications adjusted properly specially because you've started experiencing this issue after backing up your device and have not made any additional changes.

We've attached a link that will guide you in order to Reset All Settings on your device. This will help us make sure that your sound notifications are set back to default. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207095/

Geovann_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GABGOR5

Thanks so much. I’ll try that. I’ll let you know if that works.

~ Gabrielle

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes