iPhone voicemail transcription not working
Simplynando
Enthusiast - Level 1

So i just made the switch from AT&T to Verizon. I got the exact same phone (iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black) and i even ported over my number. I restored from a backup and my voicemail were all still there (including their transcriptions in the phone app). However, whenever i get a new voicemail now, i do not get the transcription. I reset my network settings, and nothing. I completely wiped and restored my phone and set it up as a new phone and it's still not working. I don't want to pay to have my voicemail transcribed and sent to me via text, i want the basic iOS app to work as intended.

How can i get this basic feature working? It worked fine when i was on AT&T! My phone is currently updated to iOS 10.2.1 and Apple couldn't find an issue, they said it was a carrier side issue!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working
LegoBatman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Read on another forum that Apple initiated a server side fix which took effect on 3/22 which would require restarting your phone to take effect.

This morning, 3/23, voicemail transcription is now working again for me. All of my old voicemails are now transcribing.

IPhone 7 plus ported from AT&T running iOS 10.3 beta 7

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sinplynando, we appreciate you joining our family, and we're going to work with you to get this resolved. Are you using the Apple application to listen to voicemails or the Verizon application? We have a visual voicemail option in which you receive your messages in the form of text for a cost but this can be opted out of. Just follow the steps under "Using Visual Voicemail #8 here > http://vz.to/2kMTsb7 If this is not what you are using please clarify.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

joeyalex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, sounds like the same situation. I ported my number over from AT&T.  Voicemail transcriptions on my iPhone 7 Plus worked fine there.  I had to get a new phone to switch to Verizon, did so, ported the number, and now I don't get the transcriptions at all.  It's like the feature isn't even there.

For clarification, this is the transcription in the iOS 10 phone app, not the Verizon voicemail transcription feature.

Briscology
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here as well! It's amazing how Verizon has no clue how to fix this issue.

Gcoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long story short I'm having the same problem I switch from AT&T to Verizon. I have two iPhone 7 that were previously on AT&T and the transcription voicemail worked perfectly. Long story short I had to buy new phones for them to work on Verizon's network. I noticed that both my wife's phone and my own we're no longer displaying the transcriptions for the voicemails. I called Verizon tech-support and explainwe to them the situation and they were clueless and we're mixed up with their own text transcription program that comes at an additional costs... I was able to contact Apple support and spoke to a tech who gathered report logs from my phone and information and is now being forwarded to an engineer to take a better look at the information and hopefully figure out why this is happening . I was asked to restore my phone to factory settings for testing purposes For the next 24 hours. When I get a solution from the engineer and how to remedy the situation I will post back.

Best regards,

Grant

Gcoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get anything fixed? I'm having the same issues!

Briscology
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an open ticket with Apple as well, hopefully next week the engineers at Apple can remedy this crisis. I too will post when I hear back from Apple!

0 Likes
Fharczuk

I have the same problem.  I switched from at&t with 4 phones.  We have 4 brand new iPhone 7's with this issue.  at&t it worked seamless.

0 Likes
Briscology
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smh! Why won't anyone from  Verizon address this, obliviously it's an issue with the carrier! I know they see these posts but won't do anything!

0 Likes
ZNYC64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here, as well as horrible service everywhere.

0 Likes