Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working
l1b

Same problem, but ported from T-Mobile. Verizon tech support is clueless.

0 Likes
MS_PMICHELLE

I recently upgraded from the 6s plus to the 7 plus (Feb 28) already on Verizon's network and I restored from my iTunes backup NONE of the voicemail transcripts were there. Technical support for both Verizon AND Apple have reset, researched, swiped, and everything else to this phone and my voicemail account with no resolution. Verizon keepa trying to tell me visual voicemail is a paid feature and I have to keep educating Verizon solution specialusts on the difference. Just like all of you I want the basic iOS app to work as intended. FYI, for anyone who doesn't know, there's an open tech support ticket between Verizon and Apple about this issue that was opebed February 27, 2017.... 100137721958. Hope it helps....

0 Likes
Gcoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

*****UPDATE*****

So I have been in continuous conversation with Apple Care and a few different engineers at Apple I submitted several logs and allowed them all access to my phone for a few days to try and track down the issue.... As of now there is no solution and it is being actively worked on. I was also told that this issue is not isolated to only Verizon customers, which is a good thing. I was assured that voicemail transcripts are still in BETA and should not be heavily relied upon... However I was reassured that this issue will be resolved...Weather that is an update or a finalized version of a soon to be new iOS. I will keep you posted and update here once I get word.

Best regards,

Grant

0 Likes
ERIBRI58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this exact same issue. iPhone 7 (AT&T) ported to a brand new iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon) and I'm unable to get voicemail transcription to work. Verizon has no clue what I'm talking about after multiple calls. Apple understands but they don't seem to have a fix. Very frustrating. I have another Verizon iPhone 6s (work phone) and voicemail transcription works with no issues on that phone. There is some issue with porting from one carrier to another. I see that my old iPhone is still associated with my AppleID. I'm on hold now with AppleCare to see if removing that will help resolve this issue. Frustrating!!!! 

0 Likes
LegoBatman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Read on another forum that Apple initiated a server side fix which took effect on 3/22 which would require restarting your phone to take effect.

This morning, 3/23, voicemail transcription is now working again for me. All of my old voicemails are now transcribing.

IPhone 7 plus ported from AT&T running iOS 10.3 beta 7

ERIBRI58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. Amazing. My issue is now resolved. Just started working again!!!

0 Likes
ameliainthestars
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 7 plus. I've had this phone since about December '15/January '16. My boyfriend has an iPhone 6 plus. He is the person who showed me voicemail transcription. He had his iPhone on Tmobile and switched to Verizon in 2015 EARLY. He had voicemail transcription with TMobile through the phone app, not through Verizon, not through a text. It displayed right in his voicemail app. When I set it up just like he had, I did not have the same results. I had at one point signed up for EVERY option and waited days for it to take effect. Nothing ever came through. I think one time I had a text message come through that I had to click a link to open a transcription that was HORRIBLY incorrect. I've had an iPhone with Verizon every year since the iPhone 4 came out. I have tried to get into the BETA program so that I can try out Apple's new features but am unable to figure out when/how/where to get signed up. But regardless I am on Verizon, I have an iPhone 7 plus 128 GB. I see that LegoBatman and ERIBRI58 had gotten this feature to successfully work, I was hopeful they can help me. Perhaps if anyone in Verizon could advise too? Thank you, everyone, in advance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great feature that I love to use. Let’s make sure it is setup on the device properly. Click here for instructions: http://spr.ly/65868v3nn

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MELCAR81

I just had this issue... I had skipped setting up sirI.. I’ve never used her...

they had me through tech support had their engineier look at it and still didnt fix it.... then they put me on with Apple support and all I had to do was set up SirI..... now it works... not sure why the two are connected but it worked.

0 Likes
scrapchk

Verizon Tech support called Apple Tech support and found out that Voicemail transcription is related to Siri.  You have to turn on Siri to get Voicemail transcription.

0 Likes