Re: iphone 7 $10 per month Christmas
Sundubious
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think everyone that has traded in any phone or 'promised' by Verizon with 'future' bill credits have learned their lessons.  I too waited over 4 months to receive my bill credits and just received them this month, and I bought the Iphone on Thanksgiving day.  They received my trade in phone on 12/12/2016 and they have been sitting on it for 2+ months to send me an email saying the trade in promotion appraisal value was $473 less because it was received after the deadline, and there was no valid promotion applied to my account.  I had to call in several times wondering what was going on? 

Verizon Wireless at this point cannot be trusted with any of their promotions or trade in offers and I for one would never advise anyone to go this route with them.

0 Likes
CRYMUL3

I was one of the fortunate ones I guess as I was able to buy 3 of the i phone 7's on 12/21/2016 with the $10 month promo. My problem has been actually receiving the monthly credit. I am currently being charged full price of $47.05 ($20.00 line access fee and $27.05 device payment). I chatted several times in the past month with Verizon trying to get this straight. I was just now given a back credit for the 4 months of the extra $17.05 per month I have had to pay on them, but don't think they have corrected my future bill statements to reflect the supposed $30 month deal ($20 line access fee plus the $10  per month promo). Have others who actually were able to take advantage of this deal had problems with getting Verizon to send the correct billing?

0 Likes
vzw999

I too had been having an issue with getting the credits posted to my account.  I purchased an iPhone 7 128 GB on 12/19/16.  Instead of $10/mo., it was supposed to be somewhere around $15/mo.  By the time I made my purchase, the store was closing, so was feeling rushed to get out, but distinctly remember one of the things the rep wanted me to sign showed the full price of the phone ($749.76) divided by 24 mos. for a monthly payment of $31.24.  I initially refused to sign because that wasn't the amount we had agreed to.  He explained (as others here have stated) that I would be charged full price, but would receive a one-time credit for the first three months, and a monthly credit after that for the remaining 21 months.  I asked where it stated that on the purchase contract I was signing, and he said that it wasn't on there because the credits wouldn't be showing as being for the phone, but just coming from Verizon on my bill.  Needless to say, I hadn't seen any credits, so called on 4/2.  Rep initially said there was no such promotion.  When I pressed her and after some "digging", she said she found the promotion, but that it was not on my account.  After some more pressing and digging (including allegedly calling the store where I made the purchase), she said that my purchase should have met the requirements, and that she was going to submit an escalation form.  Never heard anything, so just called them again (4/29).  Turns out the promotions department had denied my request on 4/4, saying I wasn't eligible due to a manager override.  Immediately asked to speak to a supervisor.  After a while I was told she was in a meeting, but that she was going to email the promotions department.  I said that unless I got copied on that email, that wasn't good enough.  When the rep came back, she said her manager had submitted the request from her meeting, and the promotions department approved it.  After some more back and forth about what the monthly discount should be, I finally was given a one-time credit for $64.96, and will be getting a monthly credit for $16.24--meaning my new phone would be a net of $15.00 per month.  Of course after reading this thread, I was reminded by another post that the monthly amount should have been $14.17, not $15.  But at this point, going back and trying to fight them again to get the extra $20 isn't worth it.  Next time I buy a phone, I may have to record the entire transaction on video and will be taking lots of pictures.  Sad that it's come to that, but until Verizon does a better job with it's customers and stops trying to [word that rhymes with strew] them over, what else are we supposed to do?  For those that haven't gotten their monthly credit, my advice is to not give up; don't take no for an answer; and as frustrated as you might get, don't fly off the handle.  I think being calm, rational, and even cracking some jokes helped get this resolved.  Well, at least I hope so...I can already see the one-time credit; will have to wait and see on the monthly credit going forward.

0 Likes
MIRGON30

At least you are not stuck paying $27. a month for a phone you purchased that should have been $10. a month!!!! AND your not paying for 2 Ipads when you clearly purchase 1!!!!

Im stuck  paying for a phone that is out of my budget.

Needless to say I am tired of verizon. Even account and receipt information is off. My recent purchases have been documented improperly and I cannot fight any discrepencies because they will only go by what they see on the computer. Its ridiculous. Online or in person... its bad

I made a mistake of purchasing an Iphone 7 from a best buy website, then cancelled the order to then purchase directly from Verizon the same exact day for the $10 a month promotion.

Well, 5 months later, I am told not only explained that I will not get the $10 promotion (after previous calls of concern and confirmations that I would receive it but after March) I am also told that I made the purchase on the next day. I have multiple receipts on the online file from both best buy and verizon in my verizon account. YET, the only one that happens to convieniently count is the one stamped with 12/22 and not the 3 to 4 others that say 12/21.... on a promotion that SHOULD have continued through 12/24!!!!

Horrible service... horrible practices.. so over Verizon. I should have stayed with Sprint. I NEVER had any problems with delicate account information or service with them! I only switched because my ex-husband had an existing account with verizon.

and to this situation.... yes there is more Smiley Sad

As a gift I was bought an Ipad 128g... they accidently gave me a 32g and did not notice until i got home and opened it.

I went to store to exchange it. Was charged again, and a restocking fee, and another activation fee, and 3 months later I AM STILL PAYING FOR 2 DEVICES!!!! I returned it!!!!!

0 Likes
ERIELL88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - you are conducting some very shoddy business here.  I too signed up for the 2-year, $10 per month iPhone7 deal prior to the Dec 21st timeframe based on Verizon advertisements on the internet.  Your sales agent told me at that time that I had a $10 per month deal (2 years) but that the first two months of Verizon bills would be full freight ($30 per month) after which I would see the credits kick in during the March timeframe.

Those credits never showed up and in May now I am trying to solve this.  

I have now been on the phone for 60+ minutes resolving this with your reps.  I am told by the floor supervisor - Kevin - whom I am now on the line with (the initial agent couldn't help), that I will get a full back credit for all the overpayments and I will be charged $10 per month going forward.   This only happened after I put significant pressure on him and made references to class action lawsuits.

Honestly - this whole thing stinks that it's even happened. Seems like Wells Fargo signing up a bunch of fraudulent customer accounts. 

Shame on you Verizon - specifically whichever director or VP is making this decision to bilk your customers - for making me spend an hour+ of time getting you to honor the deal you offered. 

Shame on you for all of the people that will never have the time or temerity to call you that you will successfully cheat.

Shame on you for making us call your agents and forcing us to give them a hard time.  They don't deserve our anger.  You - whichever "higher up" making this decision, does.  In fact, you deserve to go to jail.  I got the serious runaround for long time on the call before the Verizon supervisor finally "found" the offer.   Really?  It takes 60+ minutes for your agents to "find" an offer that you made to me and thousands of customers in December that you're now - for whatever reason - are trying to get out of?  Each customer that you bilk is worth $1000 in extra profits to you. Congratulations, Judas.

What is wrong with you?

lkh9596
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me.

I spoke with the agents like 6 times for the past few months.

I feel like I was scammed by Verizon.

I asked the agent for the confirmation / proof of promotion when I bought this new iPhone.

But he told me that I don't need one and the credits will automatically apply after 3 months.

And after 3 months, no credits have been applied.

I contacted agents and got some credits back. (not the full credit amount though).

But they said my promotion credit will not be applied in the future because the promotion wasn't applicable to my purchase.

I was literally shocked.

I never thought that the big corporations could make false ads, scam, mislead people.

I have been a loyal customer for 10 years and never missed any payments.

But I guess it is time to say goodbye to Verizon.

Here is my suggestion. Verizon.

Instead of buying the most useless, overvalued and worthless company, Yahoo, for billions of dollars, why don't you spend some money on your customer service?

0 Likes
ERIELL88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi LKH9596 and others:

Even after my initial temp and the supervisor's first "attempt" to send the form in, I called three weeks later and that form had been rejected.  Verizon never contacted me about this.

So I called in again and had to request help from an agent.  Apparently "Kevin" the supervisor submitted the wrong form.   The agent (Stephanie) found another form and submitted it.  She called me last week to let me know that it had been accepted and my credit was applied.

I asked Stephanie whether there was an internal Verizon Program # for this program we all signed up for in December.  And there is.  It is:  Verizon Program # 204422.

Anyone who is seeking help on this issue should reference the above program number.  Hopefully it will greatly shorten your time wading through this whole morass.

Verizon - I continue to be amazed at your dishonesty on this.  Is it really by chance that Kevin submitted the wrong form the first time?  And is it really by chance that I had to discover this of my own accord, and call again to correct it?

Smells like class action all over the place to me.

0 Likes
jross3594
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue as you all.... I spoke with a customer service agent today and Verizon stepped up and made good on the program and credited the full amount for the 2 years....... $240.00 per phone I ordered.

Thank you Verizon..... from a loyal customer of 22 years!

0 Likes