iphone 7 plus texting
ABIROS44

Just purchased an iphone 7 plus and can no longer send text to non iphone users.  I could on my old iphone..,,,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 7 plus texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abiros44, that is one amazing phone. We want to ensure that your messages are always getting through. Are you able to receive messages from non iPhone users? When going to the Settings, Messages, is send as SMS on or off?

Loren_B

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABIROS44

I had an iphone and then purchased the new iphone 7.  I have been in contact with Apple an have done all of the troubleshooting steps and it isn't working.  I did see that the imessaging may be still connected to my old phone and I can deactivate it.  When I tried those steps, I didn't complete them since I felt like it would deactivate the new phone.  (i kept the same phone number) 

Help??

0 Likes
ABIROS44

I had an iphone and then purchased the new iphone 7.  I have been in contact with Apple and have done all of the troubleshooting steps and it isn't working.  I did see that the imessaging may be still connected to my old phone and I can deactivate it.  When I tried those steps, I didn't complete them since I felt like it would deactivate the new phone.  (i kept the same phone number)

Help??

I feel like returning the phone for a Samsung.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abiros44, I depend on my service. We do want to get this figured out. What happens when you try to send a Text Message? Is anyone else having this issue?

Alberto_R

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABIROS44

It states that message failed. Also, when a non iphone sends me a message, it fails on their end as well.

Thank you for trying to help me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABIROS44,

We appreciate the clarification. To be sure, is iMessaging enabled on your device? See how to check here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207036/. If enabled, try disabling and see if the issue persists.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ABIROS44

that page won't load for me; it says "error".

We did disable the imessaging on the new phone.

To recap--This is actually my 15 y.o.'s phone. We went to a verizon store yesterday with her old iphone because she couldn't text or do apps. After much discussion, we decided on this new phone. The verizon rep got it up and running and we thought we were fine. We then traded in the old phone so we no longer have that phone but we did keep the number. When I read up on this issue, after doing all that the website says to do,it still does not work. The only thing that we haven't tried is to is turn off the imessaging on the old phone, which we now don't have. It says that we can do that online by unregistering that phone but since it is the same number, I thought it might disable the new phone and number so we didn't try that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABIROS44, we appreciate all of your efforts in this matter. Text messaging is my best form of communication as I’m sure it is your daughters as well. Can you please confirm if the other functions on your daughters device is working (calls, data)? Please make sure you are testing the data with the Wi-Fi off. Also, please follow this routing to make sure your daughters phone number is selected for her text messages; settings>messages> send & receive. Please keep us up to date with the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ABIROS44

Yes, all other functions are working. Yes, she did turn wifi off and go to send and receive. Still not working.

0 Likes