"Free iPhone 7" Trade-in
niclic06
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I trade in my iPhone 6 for the "free" iPhone 7, what happens if they deem my phone is NOT worth the $650? I assume they will charge me the difference, but is there a way to know before committing?

Labels (1)
Re: "Free iPhone 7" Trade-in
Weth
Legend

This has caused problems in the past. If you follow everything, there is no screen damage or damage to the chassis, the phone works it should not be a problem. Make sure you send in the exact phone you send you would, down to the IMEI number. Document its condition when packing, and you may even want to pay for shipping and add your own insurance/tracking.

0 Likes
niclic06
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is in good shape, but I just hate to send it away rather than having it checked out in a store.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Even having it checked in the store did not protect people. The store just sends it in to the same place and they have the final say, not the store. There were several cases last time where it was accepted by the store, but denied by the central review place. Just don't think the store has the authority to determine final final .

0 Likes
niclic06
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I assume they send you the new phone first correct? What happened if at that point they tried charging me say 200 extra for my old phone and I didn't want to?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

cant get your old phone back, so it is accept the $200 or try to fight with a large uphill battle. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

That's why it's always best just to sell 3rd party and be done with it. In the long run it can mean a LOT less hastle.

0 Likes
niclic06
Enthusiast - Level 2

So if I'm still under an old 2 year contract with an upgrade date of January 17', can I do this now or will I have to wait until then??

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You will have to wait, and the current offer will not be available January 17 with near certainty. If you try to do it, Verizon will keep your current phone, you will not get anything for it, and you will still need to pay your contract or pay ETF.

0 Likes
niclic06
Enthusiast - Level 2

What kind of dumb question is this and what does it add to the thread? I asked because I was un sure.

If a more detailed explanation would serve you, here goes:

1) I've upgraded early several times but never in any kind of trade in scenario

2) I believed they had pretty much gotten rid of the whole 2 year contract and now make people buy their phones outright...therefore, I was wondering what peoples opinions would be on if they would be likely to do it early to get me into a new phone

3) I didn't see it written anywhere on the website