Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verizon selling refurbished phones as new
FREPRI1

I know I'm not the only one. I bought 5 brand new iPhone 7's directly from verizon corporate (online) in Dec 2016. these were $650 each!

fast forward to present I take my malfunctioning iPhone to apple store and they said they would send it in for free repair or replacement.

Well Apple sent my phone back to the store because they said there were 3rd party parts in the phone!!

I NEVER had screen replaced or battery or anything to this phone! The only conclusion is either Apple is lying or Verizon is selling these refurbished phones as new.

So Verizon what is going on? DO I need to take my other 4 phones to Apple store to verify they are all genuine? This is crazy and unethical Verizon!

Thanks what has been your experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon selling refurbished phones as new
kgbkgb1967

The first phone I ever received from Verizon was a Note 4 sold as brand new.  It was full of the prior owner's contacts' information and this information would be pulled from the cloud.  I just got a pixel xl 2 and it too, has the prior owners contacts' info in it.  I paid $970 for this 'new' phone.  Obviously Verizon is pulling a scam, claiming $35 for the exchange fee to return a phone and then selling it as new.

0 Likes