what a joke
DALLASFREAK

This is the way not to do it  ....THanks verizon for wasting a long time customer 20 years ..the Chat help was a joke do this do this and then they say we will be here .... 3 times lost connection  why can't they just put the order in.....oh I KNOW...because the system  won't let them either ...if you try and use apple ....they say your password is wrong ....once again what a scam..UNHAPPY

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: what a joke
jamasiel

So..what happened?

0 Likes
JACPRI4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its unfortunately, but you probably cannot imagine the strain on the system of everyone trying to get in at the same time, and even before that millions of people constantly refreshing the page trying to get in as soon as possible. A friend on sprint didn't get his order in until this morning, so it could have been much worse. Certainly not something Verizon did intentionally.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

JACPRI4 wrote:

Its unfortunately, but you probably cannot imagine the strain on the system of everyone trying to get in at the same time, and even before that millions of people constantly refreshing the page trying to get in as soon as possible. A friend on sprint didn't get his order in until this morning, so it could have been much worse. Certainly not something Verizon did intentionally.

Sadly this happens EVERY year, and people still complain about it.  Nothing anyone can do about it.

iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I also had problems ordering the phone at midnight unlike other launches in the past with Verizon this must have been huge for them.

0 Likes
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

Is iPhone 7 plus on back order? I ordered mine over phone at 8:00am this morning. The rep said i wouldn't get it until November 16th!

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Depends on what model and color you Opted for. If it's the jet black then yes, it's extremely popular and was the first to get pushed into back order.

TKenney86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand your frustration, took me 20 minutes to get my order in while refresh the page constantly.  As for the Apple password issue, you have your account password and your billing password, the billing password is a 4 character, alpha numeric password you set for bill pay. This is the one they are looking for. If you don't recall setting one, I BELIEVE the default is the last 4 of the acct owners ssn. Or the last 4 of their phone number. hope this helped.

iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You must have ordered the Jet Black model, I do hope you get it sooner!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Same here.  I've never had a problem pre-ordering with VZW in the past.  Actually, when I pre-ordered by current 6s Plus I was actually able to get in and out before the actual start of the pre-order because VZW opened their website up like 5 minutes before 2am CST.  This time not so much.  I was constantly refreshing the page and trying on a second computer as well as my iPad.  It wasn't until 2:13am CST that I was able to finally get in and place my order.