50% off iPhone 8?
BENGRE15

Has anyone else been offered 50% off an iPhone 8 for sending in their old iPhone 6 then not have the deal honored???

Verizon Sales called me on 4/26/2018 and offered me 50% on iPhone 8 or 40% off the iPhone 10.  I took the offer  for the iPhone 8 and they asked me if it would be a problem to send in my iPhone 6.  I said sure, but it has a crack.  They said no problem. 

I got my iPhone 8 but they are not honoring the offer for 50% off.

Anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 50% off iPhone 8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being promised a promotional offer and not having it honored would be a concern for me as well. I can see how much of a concern that is for you. Please allow me to review this more to better assist. To clarify, you mentioned that your phone had a damaged screen. Usually for any promotional offer with a trade in the phone can not show any signs of damage to it or you will not qualify for the promotion. Have we reviewed your account previously regarding this offer? 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BENGRE15

I have been on the phone with Tech Support 3 times (1-2 hours each time) and they are still working on a resolution but aren't yet willing to honor the promotion that was clearly made.  I have asked Tech support pull the sales call record if it exists, call and speak with the sales rep that called me and their manager because I am very determined to get the 50% off deal that was made.  I was content with my iPhone 6 even though it was getting slow and had a short battery life, but when Verizon called me and made me this super offer, I took the bait.

I was just trying to see if anyone else monitoring this forum has a similar situation.  I believe the sales rep was either untrained on the sales at the time, or intentionally deceived me to make a sale.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BENGRE15, I would definitely be concerned if I was not receiving a promotion that I was promised, especially for 50% on an iPhone 8. Your time is valuable to us and I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a resolution after working with tech support several times already. I will be more than happy to provide my assistance and review this promotion further with you. Were you given any reasons as to why the promotion would not be honored? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BENGRE15

It appears I was given false information about a promotion that does not exist.  From what I have gathered there was a deal for 50% an iPhone8 if you trade in an iPhone 6Plus, but I don't have the specific information.  I was called by Verizon and told I could trade in my iPhone 6 and get 50% off an iPhone 8.  I told the sales rep it had a crack and they told me that was not a problem as long as the crack didn't go clear across the screen and the display itself was still functioning, which it was.  Tech support said they would call me back within 48 hours after checking call logs and checking with the sales rep that called me.  That was Wednesday, 25 July, and I still haven't heard back from them.  This is the 3rd time they said they would call me back and they have yet to do so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, BENGRE15! we are terribly sorry to hear all the frustration this is causing you. Our goal is to provide the best service for our customers, and we would love to help you in any way we can. Whenever you are submitting for a promotion that requires a trade in, the phone cannot have any type of physical or liquid damage. The phone must be in good working condition. We apologize if this was not communicated to you correctly. We hope this answers your question.

Rachel_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Physical damage like cracks voids any trade in value the phone might have had and disqualified you from the promotion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes