Activation policy: US Verizon Locked policy (iPhone a1864)
jpalmeida75

Hi experts...

iPhone 8+ buyed in a Verizon Store in EUA MI to be used in Brazil. With full payment, unlocked for any carrier. JUST NOT !!!!!

I do not have a Verizon line and I need the iPhone activation policy to be changed to any other that works to activate the iPhone in Brazil.

When I put the SIM of Brazililian carrier , I receive the messagem: SIM not suportted and I can not activate my iphone.

Actual policy is:

Carrier: Verizon - United States (Blocked):

Current Trap Policy: Verizon US Locked Policy

Operator policy currently reflected in iPhone

Next activation policy: US Verizon Locked policy

Operation policy after the next restore via iTunes or Delete Content and Settings

Original Activation Policy: US Verizon Locked Policy

Operator policy applied during the original adaptation

Enabled: S

Latest Cancellation Date: 2018-03-14

Date of first activation: 2018-03-14

Country of activation: USA

Country sold to: USA

Unlocked: N

Unlocked Date: N / A

Status "Brick" / "Unbrick": "Unbrick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation policy: US Verizon Locked policy (iPhone a1864)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpalmeida75, I understand the importance of using a phone while in Brazil. A phone purchased from Verizon would initially need to be activated with Verizon service. After a phone has been activated on the Verizon network, it is unlocked for use with other carriers. Learn more about our unlocking policies here: http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy. Does this clarify things for you?

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jpalmeida75

"SIM Not Supported

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Please contact Apple for more information."

I understand that activation policies should not be passed on to vendors in Verizon stores, and at no time did the seller report that they would have to activate the iPhone on the Verizon network and then on others.

The question here is that an iPhone was purchased but Apple's activation policy is incorrect.

Note that the iPhone was activated in the United States on 03-14-2018.

Operator policy applied during the original adaptation

Enabled: S

Latest Cancellation Date: 2018-03-14

Date of first activation: 2018-03-14

Country of activation: USA

0 Likes
jpalmeida75

The policy for the phone to work domestically and internationally should read:

US Verizon LTE MM N61/N56/N51/N48/N42 = Fully Factory Unlocked for U.S. + Worldwide Use

As opposed to something like:

US GSM/VZW N61/N56 Service Policy = Unlocked Domestically / Locked Internationally.

Does Verizon change this policy?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. It's very inconvenient that you have to send the phone back to America to activate it. I realize that is not how we want our customers to do business with us. The policy is and has been for some time that when you buy a Verizon device, it must first be activated on the Verizon network before you can use another carrier's SIM card. What I recommend doing is contact the store where you originally purchased the phone and see if they can do anything to help. We are not empowered to change policy but, I am sorry that you were not advised that the phone needed to be activated before you left the U.S. 

TinaN_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jpalmeida75

Is it possible to activate in Brazil with a Verizon SIM? With an active SIM of someone coming from the United States to Brazil?

Otherwise this same person will take you back to the United States!

Tks,

Jader Almeida Pinto

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret any inconvenience. We are unable to guarantee the activation while in Brazil or if the device will recognize a SIM that was activated in U.S. on anotehr device then brought over. I am sorry as we are unable to support the activation with a 3rd party SIM further.

0 Likes