Assurion and Replacement Device Setup
Lynnwood888

Broke the back glass on my iPhone 8 Plus.  Several times had to replace the SIM card due to frequency of SIM card NOT FOUND. 

iPhone 8 Plus failed to hold a charge, and had Best Buy replace the battery. 

After finally giving up my phone would no longer accept any charge cord I filed a claim. After paying $15 per month for 3 years, by deductible was still $189.00. Arrghh!!!

Received my Assurion replacement next day UPS and the fun began. 

Attempting to use my personal hotspot in the Gulf Shores AL area is a joke. Even the Verizon store on M59 has awful time with reliable internet. 

Needed a simple backup of the phone, on my Mac (easy) to the iCloud not so easy. After trying my Hotspot, and 3 area coffee shops I finally got the iCloud backup completed.

Restore the backup to replacement Phone? Nope, needed to upgrade the software from 14.2 to 14.7.2. according to the download, 3 hours, Until I found a connection that completed it in 20 mins. 

Great. Took the phone home and waited for apps to load. 12 hours later, none of the apps loaded so back to the wifi location. 

Got all the apps loaded, and still needed to activate the phone. Had to reset my PIN, but was not receiving any authorization codes for access. Had to use my email, for verification. 

Contacted Verizon for assistance. Got my PIN changed and provided the SERIAL NUMBER AND EMID? anyway.. still needed the UICCID which is on the box I left at home. 

Had to go get the box.. See attached.. YOU"VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.. Box came with writing over the UICCID

box

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Assurion and Replacement Device Setup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynnwood888 This is one of those believe it or not. I'm so sorry to learn of all the issues you are having. You must feel like you have been in a boxing match. I'm not sure if you still need the ICCID but I can help you get that right from the phone. Go to settings > general > about and scroll to find it. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. -Dolores

0 Likes