Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Call restrictions
jepepin2

The other week my mom tried to call me but I was busy so I chose to just let it ring and go to voicemail. She called again immediately after the first call so I answered thinking it was an emergency. She informed me that she called again because the first call rang and then gave her a message of "This number has calling restrictions preventing the completion of this call". I shrugged it off because I have no idea what that means.

Today my brother tried to call me and he got the same message my mom did when I didn't answer. So I had my husband try calling my phone and he got the message "This call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again."

I don't know what happened or why no can get to my voicemail if I don't answer. If I answer the call goes through just fine. I updated my voicemail greeting in hopes it would fix it but it didn't. I haven't changed any settings and this is not a new phone. I'm confused. What do I do to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Call restrictions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello jepepin2, thank you for contacting us. We're here to help! Please call '*73' to stop all call forwarding that might have been set up on your phone. Then let us know if people are able to leave voicemails for you after that. 

~Baldo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello jepepin2, thank you for contacting us. We're here to help! Please call '*73' to stop all call forwarding that might have been set up on your phone. Then let us know if people are able to leave voicemails for you after that. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
jepepin2

It seems to have worked so far! Thank you!

0 Likes