Can barely hear unless on speakerphone
SAMTAY78

I have an intermittent issue happening with my iphone 8 plus.

When I make calls, I can barely hear the person I'm talking to--even with the volume on it's highest setting.

I am not connected to bluetooth when this happens. There's no damage to my device. And my device is in an Otterbox Defender case. Issue happens when the case is on and off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can barely hear unless on speakerphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAMTAY78, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the speaker on your iPhone 8! You mentioned that this is intermittent. Do you notice if it happens when talking to specific people, or when you are in a certain location? How often does it occur? 

Thanks, 

Michelle_VZW

0 Likes
SAMTAY78

Happens randomly. In different locations. Completed all of troubleshooting online.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAMTAY78

When did this issue start? Are your phone and all of the apps installed up to date on their software? 

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
SAMTAY78

Not sure exact date the issue started. It’s been ongoing for maybe the last three months. Software and apps up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAMTAY78, thanks for those details. I want to make sure you have a working device. Have you done a Erase All Content and Settings on your phone? When was the last time you backed up your personal content?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes