Can’t receive incoming calls-,goes to voicemail
KAlden47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switched to iphone8 - can’t receive incoming calls. Phone doesn’t ring- goes to voicemail which says my mailbox is full. No record of any calls since I got phone.  What’s happening?

Labels (1)
Re: Can’t receive incoming calls-,goes to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KAlden47, congratulations on your iPhone 8. Voicemail is an integral feature, and you've come to the right place for assistance with set up. To confirm, have you dialed *86 to access the voicemail on your iPhone 8? To clarify, your voicemails are stored on our network, and not the physical phone itself. This means that you will retain your voicemails, even when switching devices. Please let us know if accessing your voicemail with *86 helps to resolve your voicemail issues.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KAlden47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Accessing my voicemail is not the issue.

I don’t get any incoming calls- the phone doesn’t ring- they

go straight to voicemail which then says

my mailbox is full. When I call my voicemail it says

I have no messages. Very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified you aren't forwarding your calls to voicemail? Call Forwarding FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KAlden47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have disabled the call forwarding- still no call

coming through.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KAlden47

We're stepping in to ease your frustration. Are you missing calls in a certain area or everywhere that you go? Which make/model phone do you have? 

When checking your voice mail, are you deleting all unwanted messages? We also recommend that you press the (*) key at the end of each session. This resets your voice mail indicator so that it doesn't provide you with a false notification. For more information regarding your voice mail feature, click the link below: 

Lasina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KAlden47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the local Verizon store yesterday and

they figured out what was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is wonderful to hear that our store representative was able to correct your phone issue. Was there anything else we can assist you with?

Greg_VZW

0 Likes
Angela1950
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please share how it was fixed!??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angela1950, we definitely want to ensure that your voicemail is working as expected. Help is here. In order for us to best assist, can you describe the symptoms that you are currently experiencing? When did this start to happen? Have you made any recent changes to your phone? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes