Cellular signal keeps dropping on iphone 8
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched from T-mobile to Verizon. The verizon signal on my iPhone 8 keeps dropping. I live in seattle city with excellent LTE coverage throughout. If I switch to airplane mode and back, or restart, the signal resumes immediately (with full LTE) and then drops again after a minute or so. It shows "No service". 

Verizon has already provided me a new SIM, but the problem still remains. I never had this issue while using my iphone 8 with T-mobile. I suspect it has something to do with Carrier settings on my phone, but I cant figure out what exactly is the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular signal keeps dropping on iphone 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected with a reliable signal is important to ensure that you have a good experience, o0tushar0o. We are here to work toward a resolution. Does this problem happen indoors or outdoors? Is there is a specific location this problem happens in?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it happens consistently everywhere- Indoors as well as outdoors. 

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone from Verizon planning to help me out? I'm paying for an unlimited plan and here I am hopping between wi-fi networks in the middle of Seattle, as if I were traveling in a foreign country.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you tell us what you mean by dropping? Do you get no signal (3G, 1X)? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast - Level 2

The signal completely disappears and my iphone shows "No Service". As soon as I restart my phone I i get full signal (4 bars with Verizon LTE displayed), data starts working normally. But then after about 60 secs, the signal disappears again and goes back to "No Service".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is there anyone else on your account? If so, do they experience the same issue? May I have the closest intersection, city and state? Do you have roaming turned on? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one else on my account. This problem is not location specific - It happens everywhere I go. But since you asked,  the intersection is Linden Ave N & N 41st Street, Seattle WA 98103. Roaming is ON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, we appreciate the added information. If the issue is occurring wherever you go, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps, such as a Network Settings Reset? Also, have you considered replacing your current SIM Card? 

MatthewI_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dlynn0903

I am having the same exact issues.  I live in NJ.  My service is always bouncing from full bars to one bar to no service.  It just happened now.  I too hve an iphone 8.  This phone was an original Verizon purchase then transferred to AT & T then again back to Verizon. I have other users on my account and their service is fine.  This issue is not area specific and happens anywhere at any time

0 Likes