Data draining even though data is mostly turned off
davejlin

I have an iPhone 8 with 2gigs shared data with 3 other phones (iPhone 5 and 2 iPhone 6's).  Our data drains like crazy even though we rarely are using the data network.  All phones have apps turned off to data network - heck the other phones don't even have social media apps to use data!  I'll even have the data switch turned off and the data still drains.  When I open up the data utilization it shows 41% web and 33% social media - both of which I only use if I'm connected to wifi?  Is it possible for people to "steal" your data somehow?  This issue has perplexed me for years!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data draining even though data is mostly turned off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Data utilization can definitely be a great concern. The best way to find out how data is being utilized in your device, it's by reviewing periodically the Cellular Data section of your iPhone. In order for this section to present accurate information, statistics need to be reset at the beginning of each billing cycle. To do this, please access the Settings in your phone on the first day of your bill cycle. Go to Cellular and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see the option there to reset statistics. Analyze the data utilization with this tool and if concerns still exist after doing this, please reach out to us. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206727/

Abraham_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes