Data speed and quality Truckee, Ca
Tankytanka
Enthusiast - Level 2

I experienced terrible data speeds and latency this past weekend when staying near Iris Rd and Pine Forest Rd in Truckee CA.

In the past, when I had a grandfathered unlimited plan, the sevice was much better.  Is the plan change the issue  or is there some other rationale?

I should note that the phone indicated at least three bars of service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data speed and quality Truckee, Ca
bearone21
Legend

grandfathered service was probably with an older phone + near truckee you're in the mountains with a new phone that may not work as well as the old phone.

0 Likes
Tankytanka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. 

To clarify, it was the same phone, in the same location. 

The only differences I was able to identify were 1) the plan and 2) the time (2018 vs. 2019)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure you get the best service possible. This could definitely depend on the type of unlimited plan you now have. What Unlimited plan do you have? If it is the Go Unlimited, it sounds like you are in a congestive state, which can happen at any point in that plan. If you are on the Beyond, you need to pass 22GB before congestion. Then lastly, the Above Unlimited would allow 75GB before congestion. Does this information help? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Tankytanka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response. 

I have a plan called "The new Verizon Plan Single Smartphone Unlimited" and had used less than 20gb at the time of the service issues.  Based on that, would congestion and throttling have been the cause of the slowdown?

* Apropos, someone should explain the definition of "unlimited" to your marketing department.  Having a dozen "unlimited" plans, none of which are actually unlimited, is confusing and misleading. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details on your plan. Based on the information you would not have been experiencing de-prioritization, as this would only happen after 22GB of data had been used. To better identify what caused it we would need to troubleshoot your phone while you are at the location. Do you go back to this area often?  

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Tankytanka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I’m only up there a couple weeks a year, with no immediate return plans. I’ll have to reach out next time I’m up there 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to make sure you are all set with your service when you are there. Please message us when you are there so that we can trouble shoot your concerns. We can then review your issues and see what can be done for this area. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes