Gated Community signals
jollymon

I am having problems receiving information from the entry gate in our community. When guests try to contact me for entry, the gate number shows up on my iphone 8, but the phone never rings. My guests say they hear Verizon say there is an error and they arn't able to contact me from the gate speaker system for entry. My wife has a iphone 5c, and when her phone is contacted from the gate system, her phone (in a very faint volume) sends the call to her voicemail.  What can Verizon do? What can I do? I have contacted the responsible parties for the gate several times, but they have not been any help.

I am assuming that there is data being sent to my phone from the gate before it allows voice communications from the gate speaker system.

David Howe
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gated Community signals
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jollymon, we certainly want you to be able to allow access to your guest. Can you tell us if you have any other issues with your device? Are you able to make/receive calls, text, use data? Is the only problem with the gate? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
jollymon

Only problem is the gate.

David Howe
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very odd, jollymon. Do you have any blocks set up on your phone? How about any call forwarding or that? Are you using any special applications for your calls/voicemails or even the gate?

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
jollymon

I have placed the # for the gate in my contact list, I am using VERIZON call filter and a second app called ROBOKILLER. I believe that whatever signal the gate system sends to activate my iphone is the problem and need to talk with the company that installed the gate,

David Howe
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jollymon,

I appreciate the added information. To ensure there is no interference, I would test out the gated entry without having your 'Robokiller' application. Regarding your Call Filter usage, the only thing I'd recommend checking would be the Spam Calls and Blocking section (shown on the right-hand side) within the link here: http://spr.ly/660415EOq. You'll see a header labeled 'Automatically block spam calls with your spam filter', and then use these steps to ensure the app isn't filtering out these calls specifically.

Also, if I were in your shoes, I would check with other neighbors in your community and see if they have similar troubles. This would certainly hone in on the gate being the problem, and not the device/network, assuming they are experiencing similar behavior.

I know I've provided a lot of information here, so let me know how these steps go and keep us updated with your success.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
jollymon

Gate problem solved! The app ROBOKILLER was blocking calls from the gate eventhough the gate phone number was in my contact list. Thank you for all the ideas on how to solve my problem.

David Howe
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome to hear, jollymon. We're so glad to hear things are working correctly again. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future assistance, http://spr.ly/66011gGCU

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes