Group Messaging on iPhone 8
BestofAJ

I recently purchased an iPhone 8 and added Travel Pass to my Verizon account. Two days later I traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark. When I return to the United States a week later I noticed my group message for one particular group was very delayed. The group messaging worked well when in Copenhagen but not when I returned to the states. I contacted Verizon's customer support and the representatives (because I called multiple times) had be reset my network and finally had me reset the new iPhone 8 all together (all settings). Since nothing fixed the delayed group messaging I thought I may have purchased a damaged phone so I returned the new iPhone 8 to my local Verizon store and switched it to another new phone since I was within the 14 day window of purchasing it.

After getting the new iPhone 8 I keep having the same problems. I again contacted Verizon's customer support and did multiple resets on my phone again. I then traveled to Bangkok, Thailand for work with this phone and did not receive any group messages. I am able to send a group message but can not see any responses. The group can see my messages come through.

I did a test today (April 25) with the group, there are 3 other iPhone users. I sent a group messages to the iPhone users only and was able to view their messages. I then did a test with the other users in the group who do not own an iPhone. They received my messages but I was not able to view any of their replies. So the issues has something to do with other phone users BUT I never had an issue with this particular group previously as we have been in the same group for over 8 years.

This is very aggravating as I was not having these issues before purchasing the iPhone 8 and before I went out of the country. I use my phone on multiple occasions for work and I need my text messages to come real-time.

I am also noticing that some of my standard one-off text messages are being delayed recently. My group text message box is on and I have installed the latest iOS updates sent by Apple and I'm still having issues. I'm also on Wi-Fi when I'm trying to use group text messages. I called Verizon's customer service a couple of times this week and no one can figure out the problem. Can anyone provide any assistance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging on iPhone 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are having some issues with group messaging, BestofAJ. I know how important it is to have all messages delivered and received in a timely manner, and we can certainly troubleshoot this issue and explore ways to resolve it. Let’s get some additional information so that we can get to the root cause of this messaging issue.

What messaging application are you using for those group messages?

Was your previous device also an iPhone, or was it an Android device?

You indicate that you are on WiFi when you try to use the group messaging feature, do you experience the same issues if you disable WiFi on your phone?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mehill03

I’m also having this issue and so is another user in Charlotte NC. I switched From an android to an iPhone 8 hoping this would solve it but it didn’t. The other user has an Android. its always the same texts from two iPhone users on at&t that we receive on delays (often in the middle of the night). Texting with WiFi off is not really an option since i Don’t have unlimited data and need to keep WiFi on to automatically connect to networks throughout the day.

0 Likes
PELZANNA

I am also having the same issue with group messages being delayed.... every night I receive multiple message at 330 and 430am..very annoying.. I've tried to diagnose the issue with a Verizon tech multiple time. We synched servers on both my side and Verizon's side, cleared cache and memory, deleted the group messages and started new ones and nothing seems to work!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were all fantastic steps to try, PELZANNA. I really appreciate all the time and effort you've already put into working with our technical support and want to be sure we find a solution once and for all. I'd like to make sure I have all the specific details about the issue you're experiencing though. If you don't use an iPhone 8 as well, what model phone do you have? Are the group messages that come in delayed all from Apple users, Android users, or a mixture of the two? Do you still receive other texts and have access to the internet during the day/evening between when the messages are sent initially and when they arrive? 

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BestofAJ

I also rely heavily on my messages and I'd like to get this resolved for you. You have done quite a bit to get this resolved. You mentioned upgrading to an iPhone 8. Did you have an Android or an iPhone before the iPhone 8? 

mehill03-How long ago did you switch from an Android to Apple? Can you tell if this is happening only with group message?

PELZANNA-Do you also have the newest software version on your phone? Have you always had an iPhone or did you reently switch to Apple? 

I'm trying to determine the common denominator as to what is causing the messages to be delayed. 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes