Hotspot
H8TOLUZ

I've been using my hotspot for gaming for over a year with steady ping speeds between 70-80ms. Whenever I'd run out of hotspot data, the ping speeds would spike all the time up to over 400ms. Well, I changed my plan the other day to a newer better plan and ever since, my ping speeds are all over the board just like when I run out of data except it's been confirmed that I have plenty of data. I've contacted tech support multiple times and finally, the last guy I talked to said it's working fine and it's not meant for gaming but couldn't tell me why it's been flawless for over a year. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to have a consistent experience especially while gaming. What plan are you on? What model phone do you have? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
H8TOLUZ

Above unlimited but it's the same experience with 3 different devices on my plan. I have (3) 8+'s and an iPad. They all do the same thing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With the Above Unlimited Plan, the Mobile Hotspot feature allows 20 GB/line at full 4G LTE speeds. After that allowance is reached, speeds will be reduced. There are always changes that impact our Network, some are controllable, and others may not be. This can include cell-site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. This could be why you see the difference. What is the result of a speed test? You can run one via speedtest.net.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
H8TOLUZ

I can check it in game and also used ping-test.net

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, H8TOLUZ,

Please run the Speedtest and share your details with us. This way we have a full understanding.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
H8TOLUZ

Speed tests are usually around 10 down and 3 up but the download speeds aren't the problem. It's the latency/ping

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

H8TOLUZ, Thank you for these details and your time in running the speed test for us. How is your connection when using your iPhone 8+ Hotspot with other Wi-Fi compatible devices? Are you only experiencing this lag when using the Hotspot with your gaming system?  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes