How can I turn off the call waiting distinctive ring?
AmySlone88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I REALLY want to turn off the call waiting distinctive ring feature on my phone, but I have not been able to find any instructions on how to do so. A friend of mine just switched to AT&T from Verizon Wireless, and she was able to turn this function off. The last thread on this topic that I could find is from 2012, so I am hoping something has changed since then, and this now is a function I have some control over. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I turn off the call waiting distinctive ring?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AmySlone88,

I can definitely assist you in turning off the Distinctive Ringback Tone people hear when they call you when you're already on a call. I regret any inconvenience, and I can help. I will be sending you a Private Note, so we can make sure you're taken care of.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW

Jwong4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please help me in turning off this feature. I have been on hold for 52 minutes with tech support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jwong 4, I know that it's been a couple of days since you were working on this issue. Did you get a chance to get this resolved?

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Aljohnson714

Can you help me with this as well? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Aljohnson714. We certainly will be more than happy to assist you with any questions that you have on Call Waiting Distinctive Ring. If we may ask, what is the reason for wishing to disable this? what is the make and model of the device that you have? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Aljohnson714

Hello, 

My reason being,  I don't feel as though it is anyone's business if I am on another call. If I am on a call and someone calls on the other line and I choose not to click over, the other person does not need to know this. Is this not almost an invasion of privacy?  Right now I have the Galaxy S9 but may be upgrading to the S21. I have 3 lines on my account and would like to do this for all of them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. We would be happy to look into this process for you. Is your device software fully up to date at this time?

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
kenwood805805
Enthusiast - Level 1

i would love to know how to do this also.. 

ChristinaB_VZW, can you help me out?

i have iphone8 and i will update tonight

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes