IPhone 8 - New to me - not receiving texts
JoeSJ

I just got a new iphone 8. An iPhone user (who for whatever reason turns off iMessenger) says he can't reply to my texts/I cant receive his. I have SMS and MMS turned on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 8 - New to me - not receiving texts
deloused
Master - Level 3

Can you receive text replies from other people?

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

JoeSJ, we definitely want you to be able to enjoy all the services on your new device. We're here to help resolve this concern with messaging this particular user.

To help us get the full picture, we have a few questions that we'd like to ask so we can help narrow down the root cause. Can you tell us what happens when the user attempts to send you a message? Are you able to receive calls from this person? Outside of this one particular user, are you having trouble with calls or messages  with anyone else?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JoeSJ

I can receive texts from other people (iMessages and other).  I can receive calls from this person and they can receive mine. I do not seem to be having a problem with anyone else. They can type the message and when they try to hit send it fails to send. They do not  receive text messages that I send to them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeSJ, have you tried removing the contact and adding it again? Is your device on the latest Software update?

StephanieS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for those details with regards to who is being impacted JoeSJ. Does this user have you blocked by chance? Go to Settings> Phone> Call Blocking & Identification.

AlbertoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes