Incoming calls show incorrect location
stacyleona

Hi Verizon: Yesterday and today I received calls from co-workers (known to me but not in the contacts of my phone) from Austin, TX area codes. These are legitimate people - not spoofing. The location is given as Saint Anne de Madawaska, SC which is actually in New Brunswick, Canada (not in South Carolina). I have screen shots of the calls as they came on my phone. I am not using "Caller name ID" or "Call filtering". I have an iPhone with up-to-date software 14.7.1. This is really just a curiosity. St Anne's looks lovely on google.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls show incorrect location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand your concerns regarding the location of the caller ID. We do want to get this figured out. Does this happen with other numbers or just the one? When did this issue start? Is the user calling from a mobile phone or landline?-Al

0 Likes
stacyleona

Hello! Thank you for your reply. This happened twice over 2 days with two different numbers from co-workers in my organization. I was located in Austin, TX at the time and the two calls were made from New Jersey and Virginia. 

We use Skype-for-Business, if this helps, so they are not traditional land line phone numbers and all use the 512 area code. My calls roll over from my Skype-for-Business account on my computer to my cell phone and this is where I saw the interesting (and incorrect) caller ID.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stacyleona, we appreciate the helpful information you provided. Since the issue is happening when you use Skype for business we need to figure out if the issue is being caused by Skype. Do you experience any issues with your standard calls and with the contacts you have on your phone? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes