Iphone 8 stuck on 1x
DanielleR

I have tried all of the fixes in the forum (airplane mode, enable data only, network reset, reset to factory settings, etc). My phone will not stop cycling through 1x and LTE. I haven't been able to make calls or send messages for a week now. I frequently need my GPS for work and literally have to print directions out now because my phone will not work. I am now looking into switching carriers to AT&T or Sprint because after extensively researching it and talking with Apple it seems to be solely a Verizon issue.

Are there any plans to fix this bug or is my only option to switch carriers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 8 stuck on 1x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DanielleR,

Please hold the phone! We don’t want to say good bye at all, as we truly value your business. I’m sorry that your phone is stuck on 1x service. Please allow me to get this resolved for you. I appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have done on your own. I just want to make sure I understand everything fully so I can help. You stated that your phone will not stop cycling through 1x and LTE. Does this mean that at times it displays 1x & other times it will show LTE? When the phone is displaying LTE are you able to make & receive calls? Does this happen in every location you are at or just in specific locations? Please provide what Zip Code(s) this occurs in if it happens in just a specific area.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
DanielleR

The phone is 2 weeks old. No drops, physical damage, or water damage.

It never stops cycling through those. When it is in LTE it will connect for a few seconds on a call then the call is dropped and it says call failed. This happens in every location I have traveled to. I live in 03820, but traveled a full 120 miles this weekend and it never once got coverage. Coverage was always 3g/4g prior to last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DanielleR

I'm glad to know your device is not damaged. However, let's take a closer look into this fluctuating signal issue for you. I know you have already tried a number of troubleshooting steps, but can you temporarily disable HD Voice by following these steps: http://vz.to/2iBigle, and let me know if your signal improves?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tanderson030
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a very similar issue.  My iPhone 8 constantly switches to 1x.  Doesn't matter where I am, it happens in multiple locations.  I'm primarily in the Washington DC area.  I too have tried all of the troubleshooting tips mentioned above and have tried turning off HD voice.  The issue continues.  Any other options?  I chatted with support earlier and they mentioned a new SIM card - would that fix it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tanderson030, 

We want you to have the best possible experience on our network and with your phone. Hearing that you're having trouble with your iPhone 8 changing to 1x is very concerning. Typically, if the issue is happening in multiple locations and you've completed all troubleshooting up to and including a factory reset, the issue is either related to the SIM card or the device itself. We would recommend getting a replacement SIM card first. You can get one for free at a Verizon owned store http://vz.to/1KvL5Yz

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes