Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Iphone 8
A_WEAVER81

I upgraded to an iphone 8 a few months ago. My first one had a lot of static during calls so verizon ordered me a new one and had it shipped to me. The new one had the same issue, but I decided to deal with it. Yesterday the screen went black on it, and verizon is refusing to do the same. They are insisting that it is a manufacture's malfunction and that I will have to drive an hour away to go to the apple store to have it fixed. Was the first issue not a manufacture's malfunction also? The first rep also looked up my phone and told me it was one of the ones that has a known defect. Why was this phone with a known defect sent to me as a replacement? I'm also paying for insurance along with my phone. It seems like verizon would send me a good phone and handle the defective one they sent me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 8
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's an Apple phone so it's Apple's problem. Apple is very picky about how it deals with phones. Also your insurance is not through Verizon it's through Asurion or Apple care( whichever you signed up with ) in either case also not Verizon issue. The first time Verizon helped you out was probably a courtesy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Amy, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your concern. As the heart of our Verizon family, we never want to hear this current experience that you're having. It's vital we review this further as well as our options to get this fixed. To start, let's gather more details pertaining to your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, to ensure that we're not having you repeat yourself or any steps you've taken to get this fixed, can we please have you confirm any troubleshooting you've done on your end? Once we've gathered this information, we'll have an idea of where we can start, to get this fixed as quick as possible as well as to the best of our ability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A.WEAVER81, we always want to help make sure that you are able to have a device that you can stay connected on as often as possible. Since the issue began with your iPhone 8, we can take a closer look to find any potential causes and work on them. Does that device have any physical or liquid damages? Is the touch screen responsive in any way and shows that it is powered on? 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
A_WEAVER81

I have tried pressing the volume buttons along with the power button together. It called 911. I have tried plugging into my computer to access with iTunes and it would not connect. It still vibrates and makes noises when being plugged in. I’ve already talked to two different customer service reps so all of the trouble shooting has been done.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A. WEAVER81, we want to get this taken care of for you. Please reach out to us through a Private Message on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter for further assistance.

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to have a working device. We want to make sure all troubleshooting has been attempted. Are you able to connect it to iTunes and do a Factory reset and restore? Has there been any form of liquid or physical damage to the device? Is it overheating all?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes