Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iphone 8plus data usage thru the roof
XH9C

Data has skyrocketed with no changes other than the new phone.  I was told that iphone text messages use cellular data and are not counted in my UNLIMITED Text total.  I went from 4 gig to 12 gigs and i have turned off everything i think uses data.  At home and work it is on the WiFI.  WHy is the data usage so high!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 8plus data usage thru the roof
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Are you turning off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi router for extended periods of time? Are you sending iMessages a lot while on cellular data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
XH9C

Thank you for the response. I use the iMessages. I dont know how to turn

it off. I thought we had free unlimited messages. Am i wrong? I tried to

download the Verizon Messaging app, now I get duplicate messages!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The iMessages uses data.

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Apple iPhone - Turn Cellular Data On / Off | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melissap_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi XH9C, we understand how important it is that your text messages be working correctly and that you have a clear understanding of how iMessages are reflected on your plan. Ann154 has provided some excellent information! (Thank you Ann154!) I wanted to check in and see how things are coming along. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Melissa_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes