Military Discount
RetiredNavy

Can anyone please explain to me why most of the other companies offer a true military discount.  Verizon will advertise they offer a certain percentage off for military but once you get all set they let you know it only applies to two lines and only to the basic service.  I am advising all my fellow Veterans to go to another server.  It does bother me to see so many great offers and discounts being offered to new customers but people that have been loyal for long periods of time never get anything in return other than high bills for virtually the same service you can receive from Sprint and numerous other local companies.  

I really hate to put people or companies down, but with the world we are living in right now it gives you plenty of time to research and realize when you are being taken advantage of.  If I was not tied to a contract (as well as continuing to pay for "free" upgrades) I would have changed  months if not years ago.  Do Your Research before signing anything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Military Discount
bearone21
Legend

i was a verizon customer goring back to gte days, discount was only provided primary account, now for 2 phones, not the entire extended family.

good luck on the change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our Military members are important to us, you can learn about what we offer our Military members here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/military-veterans-faqs/  . You can have more than two lines and basic service to be eligible for the Military Discount. -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
gotopismo

I spent hours trying to get the military discount.  There was info that if you qualified for USAA you also qualified for the military discount.  I followed all of the directions only to go around and around on the verizon page.  I called customer service to be told that in order to get the discount the military person had to be on my account or listed as an account manager.  My father is no longer alive and my husband and I have separate accounts (he is a veteran and doesn't use the discount).  I am over Verizon.  They already scammed me out of my monthly phone trade in when I switched my lines to my own name.  Nice way to treat someone who has been with you over 30 years.  I am going to complain to the FCC.  This is baloney!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you being with our family for a long time gotopismo and I'm sorry you were not provided the full details of how our Military discount works. We thank everyone in your family who has served our country and apologize for the misinformation.  I also would like to apologize for trade in issue you had with the transfer of your line and hope you remain with our family.  If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. We are always here to help.

0 Likes