New iPhone 8 device not able to receive SMS from specific shortcode
NoThanks999

Just switched over to Verizon, and at the same time upgraded from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 8. Prior to the switch I had no issue receiving text messages from various shortcodes. After the switch, receipt of texts from one shortcode in particular does not work: 227-898, the Capital One short code.

My wife's on the same plan and has the exact same phone - and she receives texts from this shortcode. As mentioned, I can receive texts from other shortcodes e.g. other banks, Microsoft, etc.

Nothing has changed on my Capital One account and as mentioned my wife gets the texts from them - so I don't think the problem is on their end.

As far as I can tell the problem is limited to my specific device. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior when switching?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New iPhone 8 device not able to receive SMS from specific shortcode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive the needed codes is important, and we are here to ensure that is the case. Are all other text messages working properly? Are calls and data working properly? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support, @albertp_vzw  What does the Messaging Team/Tech Support say might be the cause of one SMS short code failure to specific device/number like this?  Has anybody contacted them or forwarded this issue to them?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
NoThanks999

Yesterday morning I started receiving inbound SMS messages from that specific short code. I made no changes to my device or profile online - they just started coming through. Makes no sense... but then again, it never made sense in the first place that the messages wouldn't come in. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help get down to the bottom of this, NoThanks999. Messages from a suspicious short-code is concerning. We have no information on the specific short code in our systems. Is there any information included in the messages? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes